Grimoire 01 - Chapter 01 - First Meeting in Lindonium [Part 04]

Their journey through Lindonium was smooth, for the most part anyways. Stopping by to take in the sights such as the Old Clock Tower and Caelum Palace and enjoying some of the local snacks from various stalls, the eye-catching duo attracted some attention here and there and even almost caused a commotion. But all in all, after roughly half an hour, they managed to safely reach their destination.

"Woah."

That same phrase leaked out from their lips the second time today. But it could not be helped, for the two of them were simply stunned and bewildered beyond belief.

"So this is the Academy of Magic & Science..."

"I can't believe this place is actually larger than Grand Central Terminal."

Finn and Gaheris both gave their individual comment out loud.

This was the certain academy which garnered the attention of the entire world.

The Academy of Magic & Science, also known as AMS.

The institution was founded in AAW 102, in Lindonium, Albion Kingdom by the O.R.D.E.R and is also in a way, an affiliate. It is also the first institution to be established in which it caters to both Gifted and Ungifted alike.

When it first started, the curriculum offered by AMS was considered to be extremely odd as it emphasizes on the relatively new system of magic that intertwines with the studies of science.

Moreover, both Gifted and Ungifted are not only able to enrol together but also attend the same class and lessons and more importantly, work with one another. The pool of students was also not limited locally, but opened internationally.

This was the first step, to allow Gifted and Ungifted to understand one another and also to inculcate students of the philosophy that magic is never omnipotent, and can actually be considered another branch in the study of science.

In addition, AMS also aims to amass individuals of great talent from all over the world, be it a Gifted or Ungifted, so that they can be nurtured and eventually join O.R.D.E.R as an Engineer or Restraint.

By the current year of AAW 174, AMS has an outstanding track record for producing the most talented of individuals and can be said to be the key in creating the change in perspective of both Gifted and Ungifted in the eyes of the other.

AMS is also one of the main factors in maintaining the balance between magic and science in the world right now, paving the way for an ever brighter future.

Such is the institution known as the Academy of Magic and Science.

"Do we just enter?"

"I guess so, we have to anyways."

There was a reason for Gaheris to ask such a question. This was because AMS featured an open concept, in which there was not a single fence or wall lining the perimeter. This meant that anyone was free to enter and leave at any point of time. The open concept is used sparingly, and only several other universities or colleges in the world employ such a design. This was simply because the question of security comes into mind.

One of the main reasons AMS used an open concept was because of its sheer size. AMS covers a staggering 4,900 hectares in a perfect square. This meant that it was 7 kilometres long on each side. It would just be a waste of money to build walls or even fences along its perimeter.

The other reason would be the need for large training grounds and huge, latest state of the art facilities to allow students to practice magic and anti-magic in practical situations, and also to conduct research and development in both magic and science. In addition, having an open concept would allow the students to use the facilities with ease even on weekends, especially when the students require items or do things that usually would not be able to at home.