Grimoire 01 - Chapter 01 - First Meeting in Lindonium [Part 02]

"Woah."

That same phrase leaked out from the both of them the moment they disembarked. Unlike the train stations or even train terminals from most other cities in the Albion Kingdom which featured just two or at most four platforms and the same corresponding number of tracks, Grand Central Terminal in Lindonium was way, way different.

Not only was it much wider and larger in order to accommodate more than 20 over tracks. The entire terminal was also covered with a uniquely shaped roof akin to those used for domes and stadiums. It was specially designed in a way that it managed to block out direct sunlight while still allowing it to fill the interior by a smart and calculated method of reflecting it all around.

The layout of the train terminal was also incredibly well thought out. All the different types of train services were grouped and positioned accordingly while a few eateries and even food stalls could be seen here and there, likely catering to those who were in a rush. The signs were easy to distinguish and it all had clear instructions in multiple languages, making it difficult for a local, or even a tourist to get lost even in a place as huge and complicated as this.

Finn's eyes widened as he took it all in.

"Honestly, kudos to the team behind this project."

"Yeah, it's really amazing. How things have changed."

Gaheris's eyes sparkled, impressed by the unique infrastructure.

"And now since we're here, let's explore!"

Gaheris hopped a couple of times on the spot and was about to run off when Finn stopped her by grabbing onto her shoulder.

"Hold your horses, not so fast."

"But you said we could?!"

Gaheris spun around at breakneck speed just to retort.

"I didn't say we couldn't. I'm just saying we should plan our route first. The first order of business is still getting to the academy. Today is the last day I have to finish up the enrolment process, so we don't wanna end up in the entirely opposite direction. Basically, what I'm suggesting is that we can take in the sights and explore while also slowly moving towards the academy at the same time."

"Hmmm, that makes sense. All right then, let's go find the local map directory!"

"Sure, sure."

As the both of them traversed through the crowd, it seemed that they were attracting quite a lot of attention. But of course, most of the gazes were focused on Gaheris simply due to her stunning looks.

"You really attract the gazes of many as usual."

"Ahaha! You think so? I would like to think that you're quite dashing yourself. I say at least 30% of those gazes are on you."

Although he was skeptical about it himself, Finn did indeed have quite a striking appearance. His raven black hair was pretty rare in Albion and his looks were above average for his age. Moreover, he wore an exotic red tee, coupled with black jeans and similarly coloured boots. The outfit really suited him. It was one of simplicity yet exuded character. The look was also completed with a single duffel bag which he slung over his right shoulder.

"Heh, you must be joking. These aren't gazes but death stares..."

Darting around with his eyes, Finn could feel all the pressure directed onto him and hear various statements like, "Damn him! How the hell did he score such a cute and beautiful girlfriend?!" and "Hey, let's give him one good spell and see if he's worthy of being by her side." or "What the hell? That lucky bastard! Just go to hell!" all around him. He could only sigh in exasperation.