Chapter 84

*Juliet's pov*

I sat on the ground and cried.

Someone was pulling me up with my arms, and they put their hands on my shoulders.

It was Hayes, and he was forcing me to look at him.

"Not now, Hayes." I said as I turned to walk to their guest room. Hayes grabbed my hand but I got out of his reach.

I closed the door behind me and slid my back down it.

Someone, assuming it was Hayes, slid my broken phone under the door. He knocked softly.

"Do you want to talk?" He whispered.

"No." I whispered back. I went to my luggage and grabbed my laptop. I also grabbed Hayes's CD, which was the "Everything I should've said" one.

I blasted one of my favorite songs on there, which was Always In My Head by Coldplay.

I heard someone knock on the door and I turned down the music.

"Who is it?" I yelled.

"Matt."

"It's open."

The door opened and he closed it behind him. He sat in front of me and sighed.

"Is she mad at me?"

"Yeah. She's also mad at me too. Do you know why?"

"It's because you didn't tell her you were going to California too." I said.

He sat next to me and put his arm around me.

"It's tough, but I know she's forgiving. If both of them are your friends, they'll understand." He said and I nodded. He was right, I shouldn't be worried.

I hugged him tightly, and he hugged me tighter.

"Thank you. You always know how to make me feel better." I said.

"Hey, we look out for each other. It's our thing." He rubbed my arm and I giggled.

"I love you, Matt." I laughed.

"I'm flattered but..."

"You know what I mean." I shoved him.

"I know. I love you too."

*Hayes's pov*

When Matt went in her room I stood by the door and listened.

Sure, I was invading her privacy, but she's my girlfriend. I'm protective and I can't help it.

"I love you, Matt." She said, after a long silence.

No, she doesn't love him.

She doesn't love him that way.

"I'm flattered but..." Matt replied.

"You know what I mean." She said, followed by a lot of laughing.

"I know. I love you too." He said.

No, he doesn't love her like I love her. I love her more.

Plus, why does he go in and comfort her so easily but I can't get inside her room?

Matt got up and walked out of the room.

He was walking away until he noticed my presence.

"Hey, were you standing there that entire time?" He asked, and I nodded.

"You don't really love Juliet, do you?"

"Of course I do."

That's when my fist connected to his nose, hearing a crack as he fell to the ground.