Chapter 6

Juliet's POV

"I have detention now, thanks." I rolled my eyes at Hayes during math class.

"Great! So I guess we both know how we're spending our afternoon." He said.

"Yeah. Great." I said sarcastically.

Math was over and I was on my way to photography. It was my first day.

You see, we get to pick whatever elective instead of gym. You do gym every three days and then you do your elective the next three days, like a cycle. So you can do something like computers or wood shop and then head back to gym or your picked sport.

I was walking into photography when I saw all the seats were full.

The room had big wooden tables that sat three people.

The only free seat was next to Nash and Cameron.

"Hey Juliet! Over here!" Nash waved me over.

"O-okay..." I said shyly.

The table was in the back of the room.

I sat on the stool.

"So Jul-"

"Class, please be quiet." The teacher said.

"NO! I REFUSE." Cam exclaimed.

"Cameron-"

"Yes?"

"Please be quiet." She said.

"I'd rather not.."

"Cameron, you get detention." She instructed.

"Wait he didn't do anything-" Nash explained.

"Nash, you have detention too." She smiled.

"NOOOOOOO-"

"ALRIGHT CLASS MY NAME IS MRS. SMITH." She yelled over Nash complaining.

I was laughing so hard my sides hurt.

"Hey at least you guys have detention with me." I smiled as I tried to crack a lame joke.

"Oh...Juliet is a badass." Cameron joked with me.

"Why are you guys-"

"Juliet, please be quiet." Mrs. Smith said kindly.

"Why are you guys in photography anyways." I whispered.

"I'd rather not be in wood shop or take some stupid computer class." Nash said.

"Yeah, me too."

"Hey Juliet, eat lunch with us." Cameron offered.

"I kind of can't, Hayes and I got into a fight." I said.

"Oh what happened?" Nash said.

"Um...well you know that guy Aaron?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Never heard of him."

"Well we were going to go on a date, Hayes was kind of over my apartment and we kind of kissed and then he wanted to go out but I told him I couldn't because I was going on a date with Aaron and he said he didn't care and he wanted me to cheat on Aaron with him and I was like..are you kidding me? So I told him no and Aaron was coming out of the elevator and Hayes started to punch him-"

"Juliet breathe." Nash laughed.

"I'm sorry I just got worked up over this." I sighed.

"Hey listen, you guys will work it out. Because I haven't seen Hayes like this. He's dated a lot of girls and he's never gave any crap to them. Then you walked into his life and he acts like everything is different. He never stops texting or talking about you." Nash explains.