Chapter 76

*Juliet's pov*

****January****

"Guys, Christmas is over. Stop kissing under the mistletoe." Ashley said.

Hayes and I pulled apart.

"It's not my fault you guys didn't put down the decorations yet." Hayes said.

"Maybe it's because we have a tradition where we keep the decorations up for a month until we take them down." Ashley said.

"Maybe it's because we're just lazy." I said, Ashley and Hayes laughed.

Matt came in from the kitchen and sat next to me.

"We should-"

"NO!"

Matt laughed.

"I actually can't, I have football." Hayes said.

"Is it a game or practice?" I asked.

"Game. You can come if you want to." Hayes smiled, I nodded.

I looked at the time, it was only three in the afternoon.

"Let me get dressed and then we can go. Okay?" I said as I went to my room. I put on jeans, a baggy white shirt, and a red flannel around my waist. I put on white converse and walked out. I grabbed my coat.

"Let's go!" I smiled.

The last time I went to a football game with Hayes was also when Nash was playing against Teo.

He still lives near me, but he transferred to another school.

I think his dad is in prison.

We walked to his house so he could change into practice clothes.

I sat on the couch and Nash sat next to me.

"I hope Hayes wins." Nash said.

"Me too." I said.

"This might sound weird but he always does better when you're around, or if we're talking about you." He said.

"You guys talk about me?" I asked, kind of shocked. No one talks about me, in a good way.

"The coach tells him to always tells the team to think about something happy, and he always tells me he thinks about you." He said.

"That's really sweet I-"

"Okay guys, let's go!" I heard Hayes yell as he came down, followed by his parents.

We piled into the car and drove to the field, everyone was lost int their own conversation.

The game was about to start and Hayes was about to go to his team when I grabbed his hand.

"Wait, Hayes." I said as I kissed his cheek.

"Good luck." I said and he blushed.

He ran to his team and they were patting him on the back, and making fun of him.

I joined Hayes's family in the bleachers, and I sat next to Nash.

The game started instantly, and Hayes was doing great so far.

"This team is good." I said.

"But Hayes's team is better." Nash said.

The score was close at half time, it was 3-4.

Hayes's team was loosing.

I walked down the bleachers and over to him.

He was sitting and drinking water.