Chapter 23

Juliet's POV

I woke up to an unfamiliar setting. There were tree branches waving in the wind from above me, and the sky had no clouds.

"Juliet? We need to get ready to go to the party." Hayes appeared at my side.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"We had a picnic at the park then you took a nap. I would've woken you sooner but you looked so beautiful." He smiled.

I got up and pulled down my shirt. Hayes packed up the picnic basket and we walked back home.

We stopped in front of my apartment.

"I'll see you at the party." He said.

"You too." I said.

He kissed me softly and walked back to his house. I went to my apartment and called for Matt.

"Hey Juliet." He appeared from the hallway.

He was wearing ripped jeans, a ripped muscle tank, covered in blood, and his face was covered in white paint, his eyes were circled with black paint, and "blood" smeared on his mouth.

"What do you think?" He posed.

"Very cool." I laughed.

I went to my room and changed into my costume.

I put on shimmery eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and red lipstick.

I grabbed my phone and put it in a small bag that came with the costume.

"Let's go!" I told Matt and we linked arms and walked down to the lobby.

We called for a taxi.

"Hey kids where are you...AHH!" The taxi driver screamed.

"No! It's just a costume." Matt laughed.

"Just get in the taxi." The driver said stubbornly, and took us to Carter's house.

I paid for the ride and we stood at Carter's doorsteps for a minute.

"If anything bad happens, yell for me or come find me." Matt said.

"I'll be fine. I promise." I smiled.

I knocked on the door.

Carter appeared at the entrance.

"Hey guys! You look great." Carter winked at me.

We walked inside. Loud music was playing, the house was dark and there were strobe lights shining from every corner. Everyone was dancing and having a good time.

It was like a scene in a collage party.

"I'm going to look for Lesley. I'll see you later?" Matt yelled on top of the music.

I nodded and I was left alone to dance.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder and spun around.

It wasn't a someone. It was a werewolf. They took off the mask.

"Very funny." I laughed. It was Hayes.

"Matt told me you were Little Red Riding Hood. So I thought, what makes her life a living hell? And I thought of the werewolf." He smiled.

"You do not make my life a living hell." I laughed.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the punch bowl. There was an eye inside of it.

"This is lame." I laughed.

"What do you expect him to do?" Hayes said as he poured me a cup.

"I guess you're right." I took a sip but stopped.