Chapter XXXVI: "Tomorrow, You'll Be Back With Me, I Promise..."

BLUE HOUSE, SEOUL

"Your Majesty, His Royal Highness the Duke of Gwangju has arrived." Gwanghyun announced after arriving inside Kihyun's private study.

"*sighs* Show him inside..." Kihyun was seated by the large window behind his chair, looking at the restored garden.

"Of course sire."

Gwanghyun bowed then left the room. Outside was Jooyoung.

"I'm guessing he didn't smile."

"Well, he was looking at the garden but, I'm sure he didn't."

"Figured..."

"Be back in a minute with the Duke."

...

Downstairs, Minhyuk, the Duke of Gwangju was with his private secretary, Baek Intae.

"I hope Kihyun will enjoy the games I brought with me today!" said Minhyuk.

"Your Highness, permission to speak freely?"

"Granted, yes?"

"I... I just don't think that's what he needs to cheer up."

"Then what does he need?... me?"

0_0

"Um... more like... her..."

"Her?" Minhyuk looked at him for a second before looking at a palace maid who was dusting something. "...her?" he whispered.

"No sir, HER as in... Jung Mi-"

"Okay, I told you not to utter that name, right?"

"But sir..."

"No buts! I don't want to hear that name! It's her that caused all that mess a week ago!"

"...even though she and Se... I mean, her younger brother saved His Majesty?"

Minhyuk was about to say something but, he stopped. He didn't know what to say. That's when Gwanghyun arrived.

"Your Royal Highness, good morning sir."

"...um, good morning to you too, Gwanghyun! How is he?"

Gwanghyun gave a half smile and just shook his head."

"I see. And how are you? I'm sure you must be busy as both Kihyun's private secretary and temporary royal chamberlain."

"Yes sir, very busy. If you'll please follow me."

Gwanghyun led the way to Kihyun's private study upstairs.

"Where are Seungwoo and Yeonjung?"

"They're currently visiting Sister Kang at the orphanage, sir. His Majesty was advised not to go considering that former Lt. Hongsik is still on the run."

"How could we actually lose that guy?!"

"He must've slipped out of the palace in all the confusion that followed after we and His Majesty were saved." said Intae.

"That is the general theory." said Gwanghyun. "I do hope he is captured soon. Commander Jo is really furious that he was double crossed for two years by that man!"

"Well, he's right to be angry!" said the Duke.

Upon arriving upstairs, Gwanghyun came in first.

"His Royal Highness the Duke of Gwangju, sire."

Minhyuk and Intae quickly came in and bowed.

"So, what brings you here, Minhyuk?..."

"To make you happy!" He exclaimed as he ran towards Kihyun who instantly avoided his open arms.