Chapter IV: "... Yah, He's Not Yet My Boyfriend"

KIHYUN'S POV

...

...

...

"...ahahahahahaha! Aish, sure, you shouldn't say things like that all of a sudden! Hahahaha! Most importantly, you shouldn't make Ms. Jung uncomfortable like that so..." I had to cut Gwanghyun short.

"Why? I'm being serious here."

"EH?!"

"Um... Your Majesty, you-you're not kidding?!" Sir Jung asked.

"Of course not! Marriage is a very serious matter so why would I fool around with that? Tch... you guys were so intent on getting me to agree on the marriage thing yesterday..."

"Ah... Your Majesty? You're holding my hand too tight..." said Miyeon prompting me to look at her hand which I was holding.

"Wah! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I said as I let go of her hand. "Does it hurt a lot? I didn't mean to hold your hand too tight like that... I'm really sorry..."

"No it's... it doesn't hurt that much... Your Majesty..."

"I'm so sorry again... but what I said earlier is true... you're the girl I want to marry."

O_O

"Kihyun, you're really serious about this?" Hyunwoo asked. "You made me drop my bread..."

"Are you worried about me or that stupid bread of yours?!"

"Yah, I can worry about two or more things at the same time. I'm worried for Hyungwon and your best friend and of course, my own girl friend who are all in Thailand right now so that just means I think of everything as very important..."

"Wow, did you really have to do an emotional speech like that right now?"

"...yes?"

"So much for being a robot..."

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry to interrupt but are you sure with what you said?" PM Shin asked.

"Yes I am, prime minister. But, I'm not saying I'll marry her right away, but rather... *I looked at her who was still surprised* I want to know a lot about her first..."

"Like... do you... does Your Majesty want to date me?" she suddenly asked.

I smiled and nodded. "Yes... if it's okay..."

"I... I don't know..." she replied, looking confused now. "I mean, I only went here to audition to be the palace pianist... I didn't know something like this was going to happen..." she timidly said.

"Your Majesty, if I may ask, why my daughter? Is it only because of what you said earlier? What happened here three years ago?" Sir Jung asked.

"Yes. Like what I've said, I've always been thinking of her ever since that night three years ago. When you told me yesterday that you've been asking her to audition here for the past three years, I thought maybe she was that girl, especially when you told me she majored in playing the piano. It considerably heightened my expectations so when she played the piano earlier, I knew from that moment she was the girl from back then. I kept thinking about her all these years so that's the very reason I've been rejecting one pianist after another in the hopes that she might one day come and audition. Some of the pianists were really good but the others... I don't think so..."

"So, Your Majesty has been waiting for me all this time? Am I right?" she asked.

"Yes, for three years I've been waiting for you to come back here. Now that I've heard you play again and seen your face, I have to say... I think you made me fall for you even more..."