Chapter X: "I Just Wanted To Hear Your Voice, My Baby..."

NAM RESIDENCE

HAYOON'S POV

"My lady, what would you like me to..."

"For the hundredth time for today, my answer is still a big, fat NO!"

"But um..."

"But what?!"

"I already told him that but he still insists!"

I was in my private study, reading a book. Dad's at Switzerland for a reunion trip with some old friends. I had been waiting for a call from my friends, Princess Lee and Hyungwon who just arrived from Thailand. For the past hour, Kang Daniel has been calling my phone, wanting to speak to me. I was so annoyed that I handed my phone to Seola so that she could take care of it. She told me that he wanted to know if I was doing fine after the attack at the Blue House last night; I told her to tell him that I was fine and there was no need for him to call since I was busy at the moment. I thought that would shut him up but he asked if it was alright for him to come for a visit so I told Seola to tell him that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. As if that wasn't enough, he went on asking more questions and now he was asking if we could meet up somewhere.

"TELL HIM I CAN'T AND I DON'T WANT TO GO OUT EITHER!!! INFORM HIM THAT BECAUSE OF LAST NIGHT'S EVENTS, WE CANNOT GO OUT AND THAT'S FOR OUR OWN SECURITY!!!"

"He... he said he'll make sure there's enough security around..."

"NO!"

"He'll reserve the entire café..."

"Still no!"

"He could hire the entire café and have them go here where they can set up everything..."

"Bloody no!"

"He'll just go here instead and bring his kitchen staff..."

"We have our own kitchen staff and I'm sure they cook better food than his! AND STILL! NO!"

"Oh!"

"What now?! WHAT DOES HE WANT THIS TIME?!"

"It's Dongjoon on the other line..."

"Oh? Really? Why?"

"He has something to tell you."

Seola handed me my phone and I took Dongjoon's call. "Hello?? Dongjoon? What is it?"

"Um... ma'am?... Well... you see..."

"Spit it out now! I don't want this morning to get even worse!"

"It... it's about the Vice-president of Kang Industries..."

"WHAT ABOUT HIM?!"

"He... his secretary has been sending me one message after another asking me to tell you that Mr. Kang will not stop until you agree to talk to him on the phone...."

"THAT BLASTED DANIEL!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?!"

"Ma'am?!"

I quickly ended the call and at that very moment, Daniel started calling once again, I answered it and shouted: "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?!"

"WOAH! Hahaha! Chill my dear Hayoon! Hahaha!"

"Stop laughing and just tell me what you want!"

"I just wanted to hear your voice, my baby..."

"I AM NOT YOUR BABY! You've heard my voice now so are you happy?! Stop bothering me as well as my employees! They need their weekend breaks, you know!"