Chapter Forty Two

"Things fall apart, hearts shatter and the good guys don't always win - but there's a reason to everything."

THE BOYS

"Do you think she did it?" Zander questioned, glancing over at me.

Zander Gordon, a good Detective, and problem solver. Knowing how to get out of a bad situation.

I narrowed my eyes while shaking my head lightly, knowing there wasn't any way Hayley killed those officers. She wouldn't do anything of the sorts.

Sure, she was damaged but not a monster - it was clearly a set up, someone framing her for those murders.

Wasn't hard to figure out who.

"Lennox?" He drawls out, snapping his fingers, "Detective Mendes, you in there?" He added on, smirking over at me.

I swatted his hand away, "Theres no way she could've done it, we just have to find evidence to prove it." I replied.

Glancing down at my phone, realizing he was supposed to be here any minute.

I heard footsteps approaching us, Zander immediately turned around to see who was coming towards us as I stood there calmly.

My hand resting on my gun, my heart racing rapidly.

"Thomas Smith?" Zander drawls out, I looked over at the man.

Raising an eyebrow, this was Derek's Smiths brother. A man who Hayley trusted with her life.

"You must be Mendes," The man says, looking at me before his eyes drifted towards Zander, "And you must be Gordon." He added on.

We both nodded, following him towards the front door of Hayley's home. The rain starting to fall lightly.

Thomas stops in front of the door, unlocking it and pushing it open before closing it quickly behind us. Knowing we weren't technically supposed to be here.

"She didn't do it." Thomas states, kicking his shoes off. We follow in pursuit and searched around the living room.

Zander was counting to himself backwards, when that shifted to singing the words to old 80's rock songs.

He's incredibly weird but that wasn't a bad quality, it made him more interesting.

The mans also a genius when it comes to computers and cracking into any data base he wants.

Which is why he was hired, knowing that he would be a great asset to our team.

"It's clearly framed by Aaron Clyde, we just need evidence of it." Zander says, scratching his head.

I clicked my tongue against my teeth, glancing around the large house, trying to rack my brain .

Needing answers, clearly knowing she didn't do it, we just needed to find something to back that up. I knew by the end of the day I'd need to call Wesley.

He would need to know about this.

We all split up, searching every end of the house when Gordon pulls out his camera, taking pictures.