Chapter Thirty Six

"I'll never once regret the day I called you mine."

I sat there in the silence, not knowing what to make of everything that's happened. It wasn't that hard to reveal my brothers true identity.

He wanted me to, so he left me small hints, causing my suspicions to become true, leaving me at odds with myself.

Because the one family member I had left was a serial killer, but so was I. I couldn't say anything unless I wanted to reveal my true self and I wasn't ready for that.

Knowing that the truth was ugly.

I grabbed a cigarette and placed it in between my lips as I listened to the recorder play, his words filling the silence. The words I've listened to on repeat for the last two days.

Causing this calm to come over me, because I knew if Derek were here right now - he wouldn't judge me for my actions.

He would understand I had to do what I needed to in order to survive.

I didn't set to go out and kill people, it was only when I was put in a situation and that was the only way of solving the problem.

Exhaling the smoke, I glanced around the dark side of the city. The rain falling heavily to the pavement as fog covered the night sky.

I sat in my parked car, finishing the rest of my cigarette as I watched the dark building. Seeing a few lights go off inside before being concealed.

Knowing that he was in there, or at least one of the Clyde boys would be.

I flicked my cigarette butt and jumped out, placing my gun in my waistband before locking the car; walking up to the building.

Feeling the rain run down my hair, soaking my long sleeve. My heart racing in my chest the closer I got to the building. My fingers twitching by my sides as I made my way towards the back door.

Pushing it open before creeping in, glancing around the dark room. When I hear footsteps approaching me from behind, spinning around just when a body collided with mine.

Tackling me to the ground hard, my back aching as the man hovered over me, his hands around my neck.

I started slapping at his arms when the lights flickered on, footsteps approaching us as laughter filled the room.

Causing my heart to race, chills running down my spine when I bring my knee up, causing the guy to let go of my neck.

Moving fast, I jumped forward and placed my hands firmly on his face, snapping his neck fast. Watching as his body fell limp to the floor; I jumped to my feet and stumbled around.

My eyes landed on Charles, who stood there furious, his eyes wide as he watched me closely.

A gun pointed directly on me as I swayed around, my head spinning. I chewed my bottom lip and wiped the hair out of my face.

"What do you want." I snapped out, narrowing my eyes at him.

He rolled his eyes, "You murdered my sister, there's obviously consequences to your actions." He replied calmly.