One: Table Fourteen

Start from the beginning

As they both looked up, I felt a sudden change in my body temperature. Green eyes. Blue eyes. I couldn't help but admire their features when moisture began to tickle the surface of my skin.

Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

The man to the right had ocean blue eyes with blonde hair. A pretty boy in real life.

But his companion, the man to his left, was beyond the average male of our time. His wavy brown hair was cut clean and the golden streaks of his hair highlighted his God-like beauty. The muscles of his perfectly structured chiseled jaw moved slowly as an irresistible crooked smile welcomed my sight. Those deep green eyes glistened as he looked straight into mine. Subconsciously, my mind and body submitted to his glare and I found my brown eyes fixed into his.

Damn, he is so hot.

I scanned his left hand that was resting on the table and saw no evidence of metal wrapped around his finger. A smile escaped my lips as that sign of hope lightened my chest.

But he is too attractive to be available. Maybe he has a girlfriend. Or maybe he has a nasty personality. Or maybe the other guy is his partner.

In my head, I pathetically laughed at myself thinking that I had a chance even if he was available, or straight.

As if.

"Thanks beautiful," said the green-eyed man with a deep voice.

Air bubbles started to build up in my stomach. It must had been the coffee with whole milk I had earlier.

In response, I nodded with a smile. A stiff and awkward one.

To my relief, I saw Kens' silhouette at the corner of my eye. He must have seen how uncomfortable I felt and looked. When he reached my side, I almost jumped with joy for being rescued only to be stabbed with a pen and notepad.

What the fuck is this?

I gave him a murderous glare, questioning his intent even though I already suspected the worst. He turned and leaned towards me with a commanding smile.

"Can you help out, please? The servers are swamped," he pleaded in a lowered tone, but audible enough for me alone to hear it.

He smiled at the two gentlemen, reassuring them of the service they will soon be receiving from me. They both nodded in response.

The supply of blood had stopped flowing to my face, leaving me with a pale and blunted affect. My palms began to sweat causing the pen to slip off of my moistened hand.

I quickly bent down to grab it, causing the two men to look down in my direction. The green-eyed man stretched his arm down as I bent over. Thankfully, I was fast enough to pick it up and straighten myself back up. The immense heat spread throughout the roots of my head and down my body.

Oh my God. Why now? I'm never this clumsy. I'm never this sweaty. Heck, I don't even sweat this much when I work out! What the hell is going on?

"Well, I guess I'll be your server for tonight," I managed to say as casually as I could in spite of the overwhelming pressure I felt inside my chest.

Here we go.

I took a long and deep breath. "My name is Ally. May I get you anything to drink other than water? Or are you ready to order? Or do you need more time?"

The pressure crushed my chest and regret filled my lungs after realizing how rushed I must have sounded asking all those questions in one breath.

The two men quickly examined the menu after my impatient remark.

"I'm sorry! Take your time. I'll be right back," I said

This was not my job. I was only supposed to welcome the customers entering the restaurant, attend to their needs until a table was assigned to them, and finally handing over the responsibility to their server. I was trained to be a hostess, not a waitress.

What was I so nervous about? It wasn't because of him. It was my first table. That was the reason. I deserved the right to be nervous.

It wasn't exactly a rocket-science type of job transition, but I needed the mental preparation to be put to this type of task. To make things worse, I wasn't physically and emotionally prepared to serve a table with two good looking men who looked like they belong in the pages of GQ magazines.

Get yourself together, Ally! Do not fuck this one up. Not this one, please.

Both men warmly responded with a slight chuckle.

"No worries. You're fine. We'll start off with a bottle of hot sake," the Blue-eyed man ordered. "Is that good Harvey?" He turned his head back towards his companion. "Sounds good to me," Harvey confirmed.

I jotted down his order then shook my head with the realization that there was no point writing it down. It wasn't as if I was going to forget an order of hot sake by the time I reached the server's station.

"Alright. I'll be right back with your drinks." 

***Don't forget to vote and comment on your thoughts/feelings/feedback. Thank you! Gracias! Maraming Salamat! Merci! Grazie! Xièxiè! Arigatō!***