30. Really

❝ really ❞

A tiny fish swimming behind the transparent glass got her interest than anything else, even the people present there in the lobby. That small creature led her to the end of the large tank. "Don't you have friends?" Jihyun mumbled.

Again, it swam to the other side of the tank and there it found its own kind, probably a friend. "Excuse me, ma'am, " she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Your coffee, " and ended up with a cup of coffee in her hand.

After bidding a little goodbye to the little friend, she went back to sit on the sofa to enjoy her coffee. "Jungkook's taking long, " she complained, tilting her head towards the room he entered.

Earlier, he went to pick her up after the training session. It was surprising since he came without her asking for it. But he got an urgent call from his client and now there she was stuck in their office.

Someone pulled her hair from behind. She turned back to check and saw a baby boy, who was getting carried by a woman, had his fingers tangled in her hair. Jihyun tried to help but he began to bawl.

"Aye, what happened to my son?" thank God, the woman was an expert to quiet the child. "I'm sorry, " the baby's mother apologized. "No, it's okay. Your son is adorable, " Jihyun commented and a lightly caressed his soft cheek.

The gentle touch from her was ample for him to stretch his hands towards her and now he wanted her to carry him. It was awkward between the two adults but Jihyun carried him when he almost started to cry again.

"He is not heavy, right?" and the woman became comfortable and talkative to start talking about her son. Jihyun just nodded in every few seconds with a smile.

Soon enough, there was a warm and wet feeling in her hand. "Isn't he wearing a diaper?" she asked nervously as she realized what he just did. "I forgot to put extra diapers, so- wait- did he? I'm really sorry, " the woman took the baby from her and rushed to the washroom.

There she proceeded towards the washroom as well. "Jihyun, let's go. I'm done, " but Jungkook got on her way. "I'll go and wash up. A baby peed on my hands, " she sighed.

"Isn't it lucky to have a baby pee on you?" he asked, trying to hold back his laugh.

No words needed, she simply shut him up with her eyes. "Sorry, I've heard that somewhere. But you should start getting used to the baby pee. It will be easy when you have a baby, " he spoke, roaming his eyes around.

"Thanks for your advice, " she pushed him aside from her way to the washroom.

The baby cries could be heard behind the door and surprisingly, he stopped when she walked in. "He seems to like you a lot, but I'll leave before he starts nagging again. And I'm really sorry, " the woman bowed at her and took the baby away.

"Psst, Lucky? Definitely Not. I mean who said those words. The Jeon Jungkook, " she talked to herself while cleaning her hands.

Having her hands washed, she walked back to the lobby. But something was going in there, that's what a small crowd indicated. She moved closer only to find a girl on the floor, who got carried right away and brought to the sofa. "Call the doctor, " someone shouted.

"Can I check? I'm a-"

A sudden, strong force caused her to lose her balance and end up on the floor. No one really cared about her except Jungkook who immediately ran to her. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

"Mr. Jeon, I'm sorry. It was the staff. I'll talk to him, " a man rushed to help them. "Is that how your staffs behave with people?" Jungkook raged out on his client who stood there with his head low.

On the other hand, Jihyun was still worried about the girl who passed out and wanted to check on her. But, " Let's go, " Jungkook pulled her in the other direction.

"Let me go and check her."

"The doctor has already arrived."

"MR. JEON!"

"I think I have to rethink about continuing this contract, " he stated and brought her out of the building to the nearest clinic.

It was just a small bruise on her elbow which was treated by a nurse there. "It will be okay soon. No need to worry about it, " the nurse walked out of the room.

"Thank You Very Much, but what do you mean by 'rethink about the contract'?" it kinda bothered her since she somehow was the reason for that statement. "Nothing, " he tried to avoid the question.

"No, it definitely not 'Nothing'. Don't you think you are overreacting?" she just expressed what she felt about this situation.

But her comment led to something else. "You're right. I'm overreacting. Are you happy now? Why don't you directly say that you have a problem with me? You know what? I should just stay away from you, " he fumed out of the room but was well aware that his statement to his client was unnecessary.

It just came out of his mouth without him thinking properly and her words didn't help him to think straight anyway.

But he still waited for her in the car.

No words were spoken by either of them and it took about twenty minutes for them to reach their place. It was time to part their ways and go to their respective places.

"Let's make things clear already. You push me away when I try, but when I stop trying or think of moving on, you come to me again. Why? Do you want me to stay by your side even if it hurts? It Really Hurts and I Want To Move On Now. I Really Want To. Please, tell me that I have no chance with you. I want to hear from you. Please, " he didn't fear to let those tears fall down.

Those eyes begged her to at least speak a word as he cried. Jihyun slightly pushed him away since their faces were too close that their noses were almost touching.

"You should talk to your client."

•••