09. Career

❝ career ❞

AS usual, Jihyun was in her patient's room and Jungkook was busy praising himself that how good he was at singing. He even sang a song for her and honestly, she found his voice beautiful.

A voice that would go deep inside your heart and make you feel the way you never had, totally different and indescribable.

"Why didn't you become a singer?" she asked, still amazed by his talent. No wonder how many more talents he had that would amaze him like this.

"I was told that my voice sucks." He smiled bitterly and the confidence he had earlier faded away.

Jihyun understood that she triggered something that happened with him in past. The room became silent and awkward.

"Who told you? Tell me their names," she fisted her hands and said, trying to cheer him up.

"What will you do?" He giggled at her cute action.

"I'll cut their balls. I'm good at cutting things," she said, punching the air.

"What about females?" Jungkook asked playfully.

"You guys don't have balls, right? Wait- You do." His gaze shifted to her chest.

Jihyun threw the kumamon she was holding on his face and glared at him. "Shut up," she said and he burst out in a laugh.

"You look cute when you are mad." He hit her with that plushie.

"Haha, so funny!" She rolled her eyes on him.

"I mean you really are good at cutting. You even cut my leg." He roamed his eyes around, ignoring the glares she was continuously sending.

Her phone started buzzing inside the pocket. She excused herself and walked near the window to answer the call.

"Mom?" she spoke.

The voice from the other line sounded different. "Sweetie, can you come here? I'm not so feeling well in the past few days," her mother said which only made her worried.

"Did you visit the doctor? It will take time for me to reach there even if I catch the train right now." She walked back and grabbed her handbag, still talking on the phone.

"I will wait for you." Her mother hung up the call.

Jihyun was about to walk out when Jungkook called her, "Jihyun." That was when she realized that she was about to leave without saying anything.

"I'll ask someone to look after you. I need to go." She was to leave when Jungkook interrupted again.

"At least tell me where are you going," Jungkook spoke.

"Gwangju," she said and rushed out of the room, leaving him dumbfounded.

Jihyun went to her house before going to the Seoul station. Two hours, but she left like forever. She was getting more and more worried about her mother.

Finally, the reached the Gwangju Station. She got off and took a cab to her home. For her, the ride was taking more time than in the train. Even her watch was moving slow.

After about twenty minutes, finally, she reached her home. She hurriedly walked in only to see something unexpected.

The sight in front of her made left her in confusion. Her parents were in the living room with some guests in the living room and her mother was completely fine.