38. Office

❝ office ❞

A brand new day started waking up in his arms, having breakfast with him and leaving for the work together. He dropped her to the hospital and drove off to his work. Jihyun walked into the building and greeted back the people on the way.

"Good morning!"

The layout of the hospital was quite different from six months back. She came across some new faces, apart from the patients, and most of the others were familiar to her. Firstly, she decided to visit her office and went there only to discover that it belonged to someone else now.

That dark green nameplate right beside the door had a different name written in it in place of her full name. It was a completely new name which she had never heard before in this hospital. She looked around to check if she came to the wrong place by mistake but that wasn't the case.

"Dr. Song Jihyun!"

It got her startled. That voice was something unexpected at this time. "Sir?" she bowed at the chief. "Nah, call me uncle, " he disagreed with how she addressed him.

"And what are you doing here? Your new office is on the first floor. Come, I'll take you there, " with that said, he walked ahead, having her follow her awkwardly since he was being too nice.

The rude man who almost always had creases on the forehead while talking to her was now leading her to show her new office. "So how was your experience in these six months?" he asked, taking the stairs to get to the first floor.

"It was good, " she simply showed off her teeth.

A few more questions and answers until they arrived there. "So here it is, " he opened the door for her, disclosing a huge room with perfect interior design.

Simple yet pleasing. Totally her type.

"This design was chosen by our Jungkookie. Did you like it?" he asked, nervously walking into the office. "It's beautiful, " she scanned all the visible corners of the room.

The only office that was this beautiful in this hospital was his own office. "Get familiar with it. And yeah, I'm sure you're going to find Dr. Choi next, but he is on leave for a few days, " he informed her before leaving the room for herself.

Some of the things she left that time were there packed in a box and sitting on the sofa. She unpacked them and placed them to the places where they fitted well.

Even the sofa was so comfy, so she threw off her body on it which gave her a good view of the design of the ceiling. "So it was your choice, Mr. Jeon Jungkook?" she asked, recalling the words his uncle said.

The day went off just like that with no permission to attend any patient, but she still went to visit some of the patients of other doctors.

And there she walked out of the room after following Dr. Kang to visit his patient. "So how's it feel to be back here?" he asked as they walked out. "I've missed this place a lot, " she pouted.

"I'm glad you still remember my name, " he joked at how she used to ask his name every time they met which continued for a week after their first meeting.

A voice called his name from behind and the person paused when he noticed his company. "Jiho— Dr. Kang! And Dr. Song?" the nurse bowed at both of them.

"How have you been, Minsu?" Jihyun bowed back at her and asked. "G-Good, " she stuttered for no reason. "You go. I'll come, " Jiho shooed her away and excused himself after a while.

A few meters away, a man was walking towards her, showing off his broad smile. It didn't take him long to reach to her. "My family wants to meet you, " Jungkook exclaimed. "When?" it made her nervous.

"Tonight, " he couldn't hide his happiness at all.

"What? I—"

"Let's go, " he pulled her back to the office and asked her to pick her things before taking her out of the hospital building.

It was all cool until she got into the car and noticed someone on the back seat. "Sir— I mean— Uncle?" that man was sitting right behind them. "Family, " Jungkook reminded her, causing her to end up in the next level of nervousness.

"How large is your family?" she whispered to him. "You'll see, " he winked at her and drove off the car.

Soon enough, they reached the destination. She thought he was taking her to his home, but ended up somewhere else. The uncle walked out and into the place first, giving them space.

"Jungkook, I can't go like this. I look ugly, " she complained since nothing about her suited the place he brought her. "Shh, you are and look beautiful. But I knew you wouldn't feel confident to go like this, so I've already planned for it, " he grinned and pulled out a bag from the back.

After handing the bag to her, he pulled her somewhere in and a woman escorted her to a room to change. She was still so nervous and wanted to disappear or run away from that place, but that was not the solution to it, so she accepted.

The dress he bought was the best fit and she walked out looking elegant in it. "How'd you know my size?" she gave him a suspicious look. "I stole your dress in the morning since I wanted to surprise you. I'm sorry, " he immediately apologized.

It made her laugh out loud. "Thief, " she teased him. "Shut up, I'll return that later, " he pouted. "But isn't my thief busy today?" she asked, crossing her hands over her chest.

"Your thief managed his time since he didn't want you to have that dream again where he was with someone else. It will surely take time to gain your trust completely. But this thief will do anything for it, " he stated with a sincere smile.

"Actually, I'm still confused why did I get the new office room. Is it possibly because of the training I got? Or did you do something?" she gave him a suspicious look. "It's definitely the first one and I only helped with the layout, " he assured her and pulled off something from his pocket.

It was lipstick.

"Red looks hot on you, " he commented and bent down to apply it in her lips. "How long have you been doing this? You are good at it, " she joked about it even though he was nervous to hear the answer.

"This is my second time."

•••