22. Friend

friend❞

A small mistake and the blood started running out of the veins forcibly. "Fuck!" and there Jihyun started to panic. The first person to reach her was Samuel since he was roughly a meter away from her, and Jaewoon and the trainer after him.

Thank god, the blood and the veins were fake and so was the body part that was being operated. "How did you even get this simple thing wrong?" the trainer asked. "I'm sorry, " she apologized.

"FOCUS, that's what you are lacking right now."

Again, she went to bring another dummy body part and started redoing the process. It was a simple process and what the trainer said was right. It was indeed focus. "Something's wrong?" Jaewoon asked in worry. "No, " she sent him back to his place.

This time, there was no mistake and she did everything perfectly. No idea what happened earlier that she got a simple thing wrong. The first half of today's session ended soon and it was time for them to go and eat.

As usual, they went to a nearby food place. "Where's Samuel today?" Jae asked since Samuel would always join them. "I don't know, " Jihyun started. There they noticed him in another table.

"I got ignored earlier, " Jihyun said, eyeing that person. "Really? But I think not. He was the one who sent to you first when you messed up earlier, " Jaewoon spoke in confusion. "Before that, " then she simply shrugged off.

The glances from him could felt by her and that one time when their eyes met, she gave a slight smile, which got ignored again. "Why does he keep staring at me and ignore me at the same time?" It was disturbing her for some reason.

"Oh yeah, I told him that you are not interested in him and that you like someone else, "Jaewoon suddenly spoke, scanning her expression. "Why would you say something like that?" she asked in a bit irritated voice.

That question left him in confusion. "I shouldn't have said that?" he asked. "I never told you that I like someone, " she complained. "I supposed he would stop bothering you if I told him that, but if you want, I can go and tell him that I lied, " Jaewoon was about to rush when she stopped.

"No, don't. Thanks, " she stopped him.

It took a short while for the food to arrive. After they were done, they walked back for the second half of the session and it went smoothly, without any mistake.

Soon enough, the session ended and it was time for everyone to leave. Jihyun walked out with Jaewoon and surprisingly, Samuel went to them to bid goodbye and left first. "That's definitely not called being ignored, " Jaewoon teased her.

But she stood by her words, "he did ignore me a few times."

Yet another teasing look she received from him. "What?" she raised her voice at him. "I heard you were with some guy last night?" he asked and gave her another teasing look.

"Where did you hear that from?" she asked in annoyance. "Someone saw you, " he said with the same look. "Can these people just mind their own business?" she was irritated.

A bit of silence between them until they arrived out of the building and she thought he would not ask that again. But, "you didn't tell me about the guy with whom you were yesterday, " he brought up that thing again.

"I was with my neighbor. He wanted a partner, so I helped him with it, " she said casually. "That's it? Nothing else, " he asked.

"What else—"

There she paused when the person about whom they just had a talk stood a few meters away from them. Jungkook stood there, resting his back on the car and passed a little wave. "Again?" she mumbled to herself.

The person beside her poked her arm. "Did he just wave at you?" he asked, eyeing the car guy. She nodded and waved back with a slim smile. "Who's that guy?" another question from Jaewoon.

"That's my neighbor, " she answered. "Woah, really?" that reaction made her turn to him in amazement. The next few words from her friend left her with no words. Speechless.

"So damn hot."

•••