25. Reject

❝ reject ❞

The second encounter with the person in the same place, but this time, she was with Jungkook. Jihyun looked away, trying to ignore them, but suddenly met her eyes with him. The eye contact didn't last long since he immediately looked away.

Ignoring her presence, he walked past her with that lady. Not even a smile and that made her feel awful. Her mood went off in no time as she turned around and watched them walk away.

"What did you even expect from him?" she mumbled to herself, walked to her place and jumped on the couch. "Now ignore him next time when he comes to talk to you, " she told herself. And that made her feel a little better, or did it?

Soon enough, the sound of the doorbell interrupted her thoughts. She went to check on the person. "Can we talk?" It was her neighbor.

At this moment, she totally forgot her plan to ignore him and let him in instead but remembered after letting him in and having their butts on the couch. "What do you want to talk about?" she asked with a scowl on her face.

Instead of answering her, he released a few sighs until he finally decided to open his mouth to speak. "There is no point to hide this. We used to be in a relationship somewhat like friends with benefits. But we've already ended everything a few months back, " he started out nervous.

"Why are you telling me this?" she scoffed at his unwanted explanation.

Those words made him reluctant to speak further, but he did anyway. "I didn't want you to assume things, " he started, avoiding the contact with her eyes.

No wonder that only made her scoff once again. "Why does it even matter?" she asked an obvious question, at least for him. "I think I've made it obvious that I have feelings for you, " he stated only to receive no response, but silence.

"It's just you don't trust me, " he said in a low voice, with his eyes staring at the floor. And that made her speak, "don't even expect me to, " and spat those words.

A slight nod and his lips turned into a downward curve until he licked them. "Her wedding is this Saturday and has invited us, " he again started off with what he came to ask her.

"Us? Why would she invite me? We don't even know each other, " she told, hinting the rejection. "She has invited me and you- I-I mean she wanted to meet that person- I mean y-you- and asked me to bring you with me, " he stuttered.

It made her let out a little laugh. "Really?" she asked, having the latter confused by her reaction. "Then why did you ignore me earlier? She could have met me sooner, " she inquired and found no reason to trust his words.

"I'm sorry. It was because she thinks that we are together. I mean that's what I told her and I wanted to talk to you about this before you meet her, " his confusing words only made her rigid with the thoughts of rejection.

"So you want me to act as your girl to attend the wedding? I am sorry. I have other things to do, " she said with a straight face and stood up, indicating that it was time for him to leave.

And he stood up as well. "Then I will make excuses for both of us since I don't want to go alone, " he gave a formal bow. "And yeah, Jae asked me to go with you to his party. I hope you're okay with it, " with that said, he forced a smile and walked away.

"What?" she let out a whisper. "Jae?" it surprised her since she really thought he meant it when he talked about not getting involved with Jungkook.

Then she dug onto her bag to find her phone and called him, but he did not answer the calls, so she texted him instead only to receive a reply within a few seconds.

Jae

so you invited jungkook? -

- actually, i had already told him about it before, so i thought he would feel bad if i didn't invite him. i was going to tell you but was scared of your reaction. i'm really sorry. i promise this is the last time.

do you think i'm dumb? -

- nO

you know what? -

do whatever you want -

but i've changed my mind -

i'm not going to the paRty :)) -

- wtf

- it wasn't easy to convince you

- NO

- seriously???

- okay then

- if you don't come, know that you've lost a friend :)))

wooah -

is this some kind of blackmail? -

Seen √

•••