A small nod came from the princess. "Thank you father, but Juvia is confused. How will Juvia decide?"

"I have devised a competition. The rules are simple, the first man to make you laugh shall win your hand." He smiled brightly and his response was a crooked head and a raise of eyebrows. "It shall start in two months."

"Juvia thinks that is a silly way to determine a marriage." She smiled softly at the thought of her father's plan.

"Maybe" He kissed the top of her head and turned to leave her room. "But you will be happy."

Juvia turned her eyes towards the giant willow tree that sat outside her balcony.

"Happy." She whispered. The word seemed foreign to her but she wondered if someone could actually bring her joy to her surface.

"Princess Loxar, dinner is ready in the grand dining room."

"Thank you Levy." Juvia spoke.

She walked down the hallway that was plastered with murals and paintings of past relatives and leaders. The iconic blue hair was traced back for many generations, a true symbol of her family's crest.

Her eyes were trained to the walls when she bumped into something hard, or someone. Instantly she fell back on her bottom, her plush skirt providing a pillow as the other person let out a groan and a basket filled with rags was tumbled to the ground. Her head was a mess before she came back to her senses and realized what had happened.

"Ehh, Your majesty my apologies." The foreign voice spoke as he rushed to her side to help her up. She hadn't seen his face yet but the moment their fingers met, a spark ran through her body. She squeaked as she was toppled onto her feet.

Her eyes finally met the man who had overthrown her balance and she let out a quiet gasp.

In the servants clothes was a boy. Dark raven hair that swept across his face and eyes that captured her in a way no one's had. Her was about her age and she didn't recognize him at all.

He stuttered another apology and it took Juvia a few moments to realize she had been staring at him for far too long.

"Please it's alright, it was an accident, Juvia wasn't looking where she was going, my apologies uh?"

"Oh Gray, Gray Fullbuster, at your service." His demeanor changed when he did an over the top bow and picked up his basket.

"Are you new? Juvia doesn't believe we have met before."

"Oh um yeah. I was taken in as a new stable and servant, plus anything else that needs to get done." His eyes went to the floor, a sense of embarrassment washed over him. "I shouldn't keep you waiting for dinner Princess-"

"Juvia. Just Juvia is fine." She corrected him and a dust of blush filled his cheeks as he nodded slightly.

"Oh okay, Juvia. Sorry again for bumping into you." He bowed slightly and awkwardly for that matter and quickly left the hallway leaving Juvia feeling flustered.

She took a step forward before turning her head to see him leave, something about him intriguing her but she shook her thoughts away and found her way to her dinner chair.

As she sat and quietly ate her soup, Juvia's mind kept bouncing back towards the raven haired boy.

There was feeling deep in her gut, one she didn't know how to handle and her thoughts became consumed with him.

"Juvia? Are you alright? You have been zoned out all through the meal." The father asked and her eyes widened and she felt a small blush as if she had been caught doing something wrong.