Arthur Morgan: Assassin Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Now...why would you come to see me?" Arthur asked, wondering why you even wanted to see him again.

"I owe you...name the job and I'll get it done" you told him with a smile, completely missing out the part about you actually wanting to see him again because you had taken a liking to him.

"I ain't got a job for you" he hummed, shaking his head to himself.

"Now, that is a shame" you sighed, was he just going to send you on your way?

"...I have an idea" the outlaw announced as he fully turned to face you.

"Shoot" you ordered with a playful smile as you turned to him, giving him your full attention.

"How about you come back to the gang's camp with me, I'm sure a job will come up soon enough, and then you can pay of your debt" Arthur suggested, waiting for your response. You thought over the offer for a moment before smiling a little, it does sound like a pretty good arrangement.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think that you wanted to keep me around" you smirked slightly, teasing him just a little bit.

"A skilled pair of hands like yours...why wouldn't I want to keep you around?" He asked, smirking back at you. Oh, you were glad that you tracked him down again.

"Oh, Mr Morgan, you flirt" you teased and Arthur just laughed, you laughed along with him.

"So, what do you say?" Arthur asked, hoping that you would say yes and go back to the camp with him. He hadn't known you for long but he knew that you would be a useful member of the team and he knew that he didn't want you to just vanish again. He wanted you to stick around a little longer just so he could get to know you a little more.

"Sure, why not?" You shrugged, smiling at Arthur as you looked at him over the brim of your glass. You didn't need the camp or the gang, you were more than capable of looking after yourself, but getting to spend some more time with Arthur did sound good to you.

-----

Arthur led you back to his camp and introduced you to Dutch, explaining who you were and how he knew you. It only took a small amount of convincing before Dutch allowed you to stay, obviously Dutch had a fair amount of respect and trust for Arthur. So, Dutch agreed that you could stay at the camp until a job for you showed up and you could pay off your debt.

You sat in the camp, at one of the table, as you sharpened your knife. You were lost in your own little world until Arthur sat down beside you. "What exactly do people pay you to do?" Arthur asked, catching you a little off guard since you hadn't expected the question. Plus, you were sure that you had already told him. You are an assassin, or a hit woman as he first called it.

"It's all mostly the same. Sometimes it's just tracking people down, other times it's tracking somebody down and killing them" you told him as you sheathed your blade, putting it away.

"So...sometimes you just find people?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Yeah. People go missing, run away, get killed, or something else and nobody knows what happened to them. Then they pay me to find them" you explained. People went missing all the time and sometimes people asked you for help, you could track anyone down.

"Good pay?" Arthur asked, you couldn't help but wonder why he was so interested in your work.

"Yeah...but the job isn't always easy. After I find out what happened to the person I have to tell the people who hired me about what I found...it's rarely ever good news" you told him with a small sigh, it was never easy to tell somebody that a loved one was dead.