|8|~ WICKED WORLD OF WONDROUS ~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

I stare into my mate's amber eyes and I'm lost.

They are so beautiful one may compare them to the bright and blazing early morning sun.

Maybe the Moon Goddess heard my prayer for guidance after all.

My father always said that when he stared into my mother's eyes he felt like he was staring at his glimpse of a heavenly world. I always felt like he was being a little overdramatic.

Okay, he was being extremely overdramatic! Big Time. How could staring into someone's eyes make you feel like you're on some sort of heavenly cloud? Or as my father used to state, "I was staring at my glimpse of a heavenly world." That's not realistic. There is no such thing. However, I won't dare say that to his face. I didn't have the heart to. You wouldn't either if you witnessed the look of love.

There was a dreamy fog tint inside of my father's haunted eyes when he told Ruq, Farrah, and myself the stories of his time with our mother. They made my heart swell with joy but sometimes the stories could be compared to fairy tales. They sounded ridiculous, in all honesty. Impossible.

I was never able to connect reality to his fictional choice of words. I can now.

I've never seen someone as enchanting as my mate. He's so mysterious.. and deadly. His eyes are the shade of the purest honey. Fascinating. He has thick and dark brown eyebrows that are a tad bit darker than his thick, wavy, and tousled mahogany hair. It reflects the sun's gentle light, penetrating its smooth layers. His hair is wild and untamed and I can't help but want to run my hands through it. Just so I can get another glimpse of his god's god-given face. I bet he would look extremely handsome with his hair slick back. He'll look sexy with his hair pushed back. Who, am I kidding? This man would look hot even if he was bald.

He's gorgeous. He is just that handsome. While staring at him I feel like I'm staring at the golden gates of a heavenly world that are covered in vines.

I lick my lips, once again enjoying the sweet taste of his blood. No wonder why my wolf followed his every commandment with no complaints. Usually, my wolf would whine about me showing compliance. She's the complete opposite of me. She hates falling in line. She hates following orders.

But it's different with him. She feels the need to follow him to the end of the world. She feels like we are destined to follow his lead, which is just flat-out weird if you ask me. This is not some type of movie or fictional story. This is real life and in real life, people don't fall in love at the first site. That's not realistic.

No matter how he looks and boy he does look good.

I guess that's why I can't stop staring at him.

His oval face structure has been painted to perfection, a masterpiece. I'm in awe of his majestic features. His nose has a dramatic curve shape and prominent bridge, resembling the beak of a predatory bird. His pretty, pink, and plumped lips are shaped into a heart, kissable. There's a dauntlessly dangerous air about him that calls to my inner light. It's pulling me in with ease. I want to explore his wicked world of wonders which is weird.

Typically, I would run from danger. I would attempt to flee but in his arms, I feel safe. I'm attracted to his danger, it's exciting. There's something different about him.

He's a vampire. Wait! He's a vampire. My inner warning bells start to ring and buzz, going off. My mate is a vampire. Oh, my Goddess!

Oh, my goddess. I'm lost for words. I'm just trying to register it all. Embry Wilde's mate is a vampire. A freaking vampire! Out of all the careful creatures in this hell of a world, my Goddess paired me with a reckless creature as such. Of course, she did!