Chapter 43

Chaeyoung PoV

"Once again, I am Jeon Jungkook, your new President and CEO of Jeon Foundations and Business Corporations. Please do treat me well in my first year," he bowed in front of the podium and everybody stood up to give him thundering applauses. 

His father and older brother went to Jungkook, there were photographers who came to picture them. 

Then I felt a hand on my arm. A man with some sort of headphones or speaker was looking at me. 

"Ms. Park Chaeyoung, right?" he asked. 

I nodded, confused with what he's saying. 

"Please follow me, ma'am. You are requested to take a photo with the Jeon Family."

My mouth opened. I cannot process what he said. I went here to be his plus 1 not his girlfriend.

The staff, I presumed, dragged me with him and we both entered this room outside of the ball room. He told me to wait here and after a few minutes, Jungkook, his brother and his dad went inside. 

All of them were congratulating Jungkook then added me in the conversation once they saw me.  There was a man, carrying a camera who entered. 

He positioned me next to Jungkook and arranged Mr. Jeon's wheelchair. 

"1, 2, 3, smile."

---

I mess my hair with the memory of last night. 

"Jiyoon?" I called out but there was no answer. 

Right, she slept in Jungkook's place last night. 

I brush my hair and put it into a bun, washed my faced and tooth brushed. Maybe I'll be late for work today, I'm really worn out from last night. 

How many wine glasses did I finish last night?

I only remember Jungkook telling me to stop and scolded me in front of the huge crowd. 

As I walk downstairs for my breakfast, I hear my doorbell ring. The morning paper arrived, maybe. I never read it since there's what you call internet nowadays. But Jennie tells me to try getting my eyes off my phone. 

Especially because I don't answer text messages or calls unless it's hospital or Jiyoon related. 

I crouch down to get the morning paper that is laying flat in front of my home's door. 

The headline is about the Jeon Foundation's new President and CEO. As usual, when I pick up the morning paper, I throw it in one of the pile's near the door inside the house. 

Should I just skip work today and clean the house? Despite many absences, I think I need a little break. 

Maybe a little down time for myself. Like go shopping and, you know, be Roseanne Park, the one who lives in Melbourne, Australia and not Park Chaeyoung, the one who works in Hye Jin Hospital. 

I put a slice of cream bread in the toaster and waited for it to turn a little brown. Then I placed a little strawberry jam on top of my cream bread and ate it. 

When I looked at the kitchen, it was messy, then I took a look at the living room. Still very, very, messy. 

That's it, I'm doing down time today. 

After deciding that, I bring my plate to the sink and washed all the unwashed silverware. Wiped the counter with a wet and then a dry towel. Hanged my pans and placed the dishes in the dryer. 

Then I went to the living room, grabbed some new throw pillow sheets. I throw the old pillow sheets on one side of the room and replaced it with a white color. I arranged the messy magazines that Jennie forgot to bring with her. Cleaned the table of the television, and the small coffee table in the middle of my sofa set, changed the brown lace mat to a white lace mat.