Chapter 18

Chaeyoung PoV

The warm sun has touched my skin as we exit the car. Here I am, in Hawaii. 

When we first landed, all of us saw how Hawaii's beauty radiates and there doesn't seem to be any ghost town like what sunbae told us. 

The UN car picked us up from the airport and drove us a 2 hour ride outside of Honolulu. That's when it hit me, the place where UN brought us. 

It really is a ghost town. 

Kids were begging for food, people were so skinny, so many sick people. We were briefed by the Korean representative from the UN what this was. 

Apparently, these people were below the poverty line in the US and they were forced to move here because they don't want any 'scums' inside the States. How cruel can it be?

We were dropped off in a decent building that was only 2 stories high. 

"You're the leader of this medical mission, right?" the representative asked.

"Yeah, I am."

"Okay, so uhm, this is the hospital. It's not as big as Hye Jin but it's good enough to help the place. I know 1 month isn't enough to help us but it's enough for us to keep the project forward," he said. "Oh, and your dorms are over there."

He pointed at another white building that also has 2 stories. 

"So," he breathed. "Is it okay to leave you guys be, now? Your project can begin today or tomorrow. It all depends on you. You can check the place around, just call this number. He's assigned to be your group's driver."

He then gave me a piece of paper with a contact number. 

"You're free to go to Honolulu during the weekends. And..uh..we will notify you if there is something that came up," he brings his hand out. "Nice meeting you, Ms..?"

I brought out my hand for the handshake, "Park Chaeyoung."

"Nice meeting you, Ms. Park."

He went back to the car that picked us up and he left. 

I turned around to see the medical staff all wrapped up. They were all wearing Hawaiian shirts earlier and now they are covered in a jacket, sunglasses, masks and gloves. 

Except for Jihyo and Chanyeol, they were both laughing at the medical staff. 

"What are you guys doing?" I asked as I walked to them. 

"Doc, you should put on a mask before you get infected too," So-jun said. 

I walked past all of them and took off their hideous looks, "Let's go to our dorms."

They were walking slowly while me, Jihyo and Chanyeol were walking normally. Aish, these brats. We're here to save lives not to protect ourselves. 

The 3 of us who were ahead of the group decided to look at the dorms. In the first floor, there are 2 doors with 6 beds in each room. In the 2nd floor, there were also 2 doors but 1 room had 1 bed and the other had 2. 

15 rooms in total and there are 15 people in this medical mission. I sighed knowing that I don't know how to split the group for the rooms. Of course, girls and boys have to be divided but who gets to stay in rooms upstairs?

"Okay, so now that you guys have arrived.." Jihyo trailed off. "Chaeyoung, please do the honors of splitting the rooms?"

"Yeah, so uhm. In the first floor there is only 2 rooms but 6 beds in each room. While on top, 2 rooms, 1 has 1 bed and the other 2 beds," I said.