Chapter 23

Jungkook PoV

Somehow, some way, the office seemed lonely. 

I haven't seen Jimin lately because Seulgi-noona and him are doing wedding plans. They announced that they were engaged a few days ago, and the news spread like wildfire. 

Taehyung comes here less, his fashion week begins on Monday next week. A lot of western fashion designers, models and artists are looking forward to the event. Especially, since hyung was named as one of the 'hottest' bachelors of Korea. 

Nowadays, I spend it lonely. I've done my promise to Chaeyoung, to take care of Jiyoon. We hardly see each other these days because of work. 

There are times where my work is heavy on the first day and really light on the next. And Jiyoon? Lisa asked Bambam to ask me if she can spend the day with Jiyoon today. So, I told Lisa I'll drop her off school and she can pick Jiyoon up. 

There's nothing to do.

No papers to sign.

No documents to look at.

No meetings to attend.

No company tours.

No sudden hyung visit.

Completely nothing to do. There is nothing to do. 

I leaned back on my chair and opened my laptop. 

What will I do again? Why will I open my laptop?

My finger opens the photos and I see a lot of the pictures I took before. The last one photo I imported was the picture of the moon from 2 years ago. That was pretty memorable since I was in Scotland, my first time there. 

There's a lot of landscape photos, animal photos, candid photos and Yuri. I deleted Yuri's pictures because I've decided that I should start with so move on with everything.

I looked at the photo of Chaeyoung and Jiyoon. I got it from her instagram post, printed it out and displayed it in my office.

Besides, I found something greater than the last time. For sure, Yuri wanted me to be happy too. 

All of a sudden, I heard someone knocking twice. 

Now there's a schedule? 

"Yes?" I said and straightened up, only to slouch back. "Oh, yeah, hi, Rach. Is there anything to do?"

She comes in with a cup of hot chocolate, "Sir Jeon said I shouldn't give you work today, so here's a peace offering."

"Dad? Why though?" I asked.

Rachel placed the hot chocolate on my table and gives me a little pack of sugar and plastic stir. 

"It's the day to reflect, as he said. You've been a workaholic since he left, sir, you need to ease the tasks once in a while," she said. 

I grabbed the cup, "Thanks, Rach. Heard anything from Cole's agents about uncle? Whereabouts about Ms. Woo? She's gone silent since the day my uncle's been house arrested."

"They're taking care of it. Cole's senior agent suggested we break the ties with Ms. Woo or else the lawsuit she's in will greatly affect our stocks. The hospital should be alright, there's an order between the board and VIP staff to vote for her nephew to be the next CEO of Hye Jin," she said. "And, sir Jeon. Please, take a rest from work, for a while. Your father asked me to council you right now."

I laughed, "What? My father thinks I'm not fine?"

She nodded, "He thinks you're too fine to be fine."

"Okay, now I don't get it. I only understand what you told me about Ms. Woo and my uncle and the board."

I took a sip from my hot chocolate.

"Sir, you haven't completely digested the fact that you will officially be the CEO of Jeon Foundations by the time Ms. Park arrives, do you?" she asked.

I was caught off guard by what she said. 

"And you can't believe that your father has accepted Ms. Park as candidate for your marriage," I looked at her in defeat. "Just admit it, sir. You aren't fine."

"Wow, aside from being fast-paced secretary, I didn't define in the job description to help me in my mental issues," I laughed. "But you're right, I haven't completely digested the fact I'm going to be a CEO officially, and the fact Chaeyoung's, by far, dad's only person dad agrees--"

She stopped me, "Ms. Park's done a great job to help you from your past, hasn't she, sir?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Anyway, what else is there to talk about. I'm perfectly fine."

"About how your hyungs are all getting married, dating or anything related to relationships? There's recent news about Sir Jung and Sir Taehyung."

I looked at her, "Hoseok-hyung? And Taehyungie-hyung?"

"Sir Jung has been engaged to Son Seung Wan, preferably known as Son Wendy. The new vocal coach under the entertainment area. The Jung Clan has finally risen up from their downfall years ago," she said. "And Sir Taehyung, on the other hand has another arranged marriage up his sleeve."

"It's alright, Yoongi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung--"

"Sir Min has signed to marry an English heir. She's the daughter of one of the most successful businessman there. While Sir Namjoon has no news about dating," she said. "I'm sure you're wondering why I'm asking you this, sir?"

"Exactly, why?"

She sat straight, "You're turning 28 in no time, sir. You need to settle down, and have an heir. That's the one of the main reasons why your father has agreed to Ms. Park."

"Takes time, though," I drank the last sip. "But it's pretty uncomfortable to talk about my problems right now. I'm gonna go to Chaeyoung's and pick up Jiyoon from Lisa."

I stood up and grabbed my coat, "Also, are my hotels in LA alright now? I need to watch room reviews to get excited."

"Yes, sir, it's been taken care of. Will send the name later, have a safe drive to Ms. Park's," she bowed.

I left the office and drove off to Chaeyoung's.

Rachel PoV

"Yes, Cole," I sighed. 

"The address? How would I know? It's all in Thai letters?"

"Uh-huh."

"Yeah, it's in a wad."

"He didn't suspect a thing."

"He's heading to Ms. Park's place."

"I don't understand why this is necessary, the need of his DNA means something. And how did you get her DNA?"

"What? You asked her to do that? Your deceiving skills are still A plus."

"Alright, Cole. Come back to Seoul sooner before Sir Jeon becomes CEO, he'll need you to be around."

----

2/2.

i didnt publish yesterday, wifi was bad.

what do you think rachel and cole are up to?

see you guys again in the next update!

iz out-----