Chapter 9

Chaeyoung PoV

"Oh, Chae, how was your dinner with my dongsaeng last night?" sunbae asked me. 

I was checking data sheets on my patients in the nurse station, there were a lot of thing going around the neurology team lately. We were all excited for the medical mission but then we had to handle 3 patients from the pedia team. 

Last night was too good to be called a date, though it was just a mere 'dinner' to me, it looked like a date to Jungkook. Everything was so fancy. He made me dress up in a night gown and made me eat in a 5 star restaurant. 

Even if I'm a high paying doctor, I don't really get my salary a lot because I donate money to a children's orphanage and Jiyoon's school tuition. 

The only time I remember eating in a fancy restaurant was when Jennie's father invite me, Jisoo and Lisa for dinner with Jennie's family. 

"Chae?" Sunbae asked.

"Oh, uhm, it was alright. We got to know each other," I replied.

"Really? What'd he say?"

"You know.. this and that."

"Hm," he said in suspicion. "Alright, there's a meeting later about the mission you'll be going to, get the team ready. I'll ask the nurse to page you."

"Alrighty," I replied.

Sunbae walked towards the group of people, who I supposed to be the board and people who are part of the VIP ward. As a sign of respect, I bowed down to them as they passed by and I noticed Jungkook was part of the crowd of VIPs.

He smiled at me and I smiled back at him then I quickly turned around to do my work. 

Actually, last night Jungkook and I got to know each other. He told me his story and I told mine. The only reason why he keeps doing his job is because he has to, and his family's company is in high position for industrial domination. 

I, too, didn't understand what that meant but it means that their company owns at least 5 to 10 percent of shares in almost every company now. What's good, he said, is that they don't have any competition, as of the moment.

Their company's main goal is to fund businesses and make jobs for jobless people or, as he called it, lazy people. Jungkook told me he was lazy himself until someone changed his life, he didn't mention who. 

Of course, sharing is for everyone. I also shared my story, well, we all know that part of my life. Good student, strict parents, got dumped, had a baby, became a doctor and life's still continuing. 

"Ooh, someone's falling in love," So-jun teased me. 

"And someone's getting heavier," I smirked. 

The other nurses in the station laughed as I said my answer to So-jun. To think about it, I should bring So-jun to the medical mission. Besides, he's one of the few friendly nurses, all the nurses somehow hate the doctors. 

My residents messaged in the group chat that they were starting their rounds. This is important, in my opinion. I mean, it's important for them to learn teamwork, they will work together someday. 

I was walking back to the neurology team's working space. It's a big room where my residents have their tables for studying, our small open meeting room, and my enclosed office. Sometimes, my residents sleep here to finish their thesis so I bought a big, fluffy couch for them to sleep in. 

"Aish, you--" I heard. 

There were 3 men standing near the working space area. All of the surgery teams have their office-like spaces here in this part of the hospital. A melting pot of surgeons in the hospital.