Chapter 17 | Made For Me

Ima just post this and delete the app because I'm not about to let y'all get my blood pressure high. with that being said idk what i was doing when i wrote this so let's hope is good enough lol ✌🏾
***

I need you, and you need meThis is so plain to seeAnd I will never let you goAnd I will always love you so, I willIf you could only seeYour heart belongs to meI love you so muchI'm yearning for your touchCome and set me freeForever yours I'll beBa...

This is so plain to see
And I will never let you go
And I will always love you so, I will
If you could only see
Your heart belongs to me
I love you so much
I'm yearning for your touch
Come and set me free
Forever yours I'll be
Baby, won't you come and take my pain away?

***

5 WEEKS LATER

***

Michael's POV

Semaj stood in front of me and all the words I had been thinkin' of wouldn't come out. Seein' her in the flesh felt surreal, but that didn't matter. The fact that she was here... that was only thing I gave any fucks about. I held the door open wider and she walked into the house, rubbing her arms and looking around like the place felt foreign to her.

"Semaj," I let the door close and she turned around. "Baby, you gotta understand how sorry I am."

She nodded. "I know."

"And Cam... I ain't mean any of that shit to happen. I'm no tryna excuse my actions or none of that, but I was hurt and I did something stupid and it affected us in the long run. That was my bad. You ain't deserve that."

"Why her?" She frowned, tears wellin' up in her eyes. "You could've picked anybody else."

"It was the heat of the moment, 'Maj. After it happened I swear I regretted it, but I was... I was tryna hurt you like I was and that wasn't right. I get that now. I understand it."

"I wish you would've thought about the consequences of that action before it even happened, but I can't."

I frowned this time. "You can't?"

"I can't be with a man who runs to another woman when he's hurt. I need a man who doesn't have outside responsibilities. I will not raise a baby that's not mine."

"Semaj..." I reached for her, but she pulled back.

"I just came back here to tell you that I thought about it and a divorce is the best thing for us. There's too much damage to repair and my heart can't take it. I can't pick up the pieces. Not again."

"Then ima pick them up. Ima mend your heart the best way I know how even if it takes everything out of me. I made a mistake doin' what I did and like I said you of all people ain't deserve that pain but I'm asking for a chance baby. Please. Just a chance."

She looked reluctant as her tears came down her face, but then she nodded, and my damn soul practically jumped out of my body. Her sudden change didn't faze me, 'cause I was just happy. Happy she was back here with me.