Chapter 1 | A Welcoming Surprise

Just sprinkling a little miscarriage as Susie said

Just sprinkling a little miscarriage as Susie said.... lmao . NOTE: In the prologue i wrote 3 & a half years ago that's because i didn't want to put 3 years and nine/ten months ago or 'almost 4 years later', okay? but i found a better way to format it so ima go change it.

***

JULY - 2 YEARS AGO -

"Michael get your damn hands off me!" I yelled at him, swatting in his direction aiming for his face do he'd see just how serious I was, but he dodged and laughed at me.

"Michael stop irritating her, will you now?!" Katherine came to my rescue and I squirmed in my bed trying to release some of the pressure and also distract myself from the pain. "She is in no mood to be touched and honestly I don't blame her. So let her be."

"Listen, mother, I'm just tryna help her, okay?" He took a few steps in my direction, but I glared at him daring him to take step closer.

Right as I was about to chastise him another contraction shocked both my body and brain. I cried out in pain as some tears managed to make their way down my face and then I saw his large hands coming for my stomach again and I lost all cool.

"Michael if you touch me I promise I will fuck you up! Now move!" His hands that were coming to massage on my belly snatched back with a quickness and he looked at me in disbelief.

Katherine and my mother who sat by side didn't look fazed. Instead they looked at Michael in a told-you-so manner then went back to talking about something in a magazine that Katherine was looking at.

A few minutes later the door opened and in walked one of the nurses who had been caring for me since I went into labor.

"How are you doing so far mom-to-be?"

"I'm dying. I give up. Just give me the epidural."

"Semaj," Michael interrupted causing me to clench my jaw. "You said you ain't..."

"I know what I said," I gritted, gripping onto the rail of the bed, digging my face into my arms as another contraction claimed my body. I tried to breath through it wanting so badly to kick or hit something.

I repeated myself, lifting my head to look back at him. "I know what I said then. And I know what I'm saying now. So listen to me when I tell them to give me the epidural!"

Michael's eyebrow cocked and he looked over at the nurse. "How soon can we give her this fuc--" he looked over at our mother's who looked up at him. "Freaking epidural?"

The nurse smiled as she came over to check everything. "She has to be still for fifteen minutes. You hear me Semaj? Fifteen minutes sweetheart then we can administer the epidural."