Chapter 2 | Surprise, Surprise

Umm... ain't it too early for a sex scene? LMAO.
***

     Semaj's POV

Semaj's POV

"Michael I don't like surprises they give me anxiety. Plus, you're acting really weird and it's making me weird." I squinted my eyes in his direction which was in the drivers seat of my car. I kept bugging him to tell me whatever he was trying to surprise me with, but he just wouldn't budge.

"Semaj," he chuckled, glancing at me before looking back ahead. "Eat your ice cream and hush."

I looked down at the turtle pecan blizzard he'd bought me from dairy queen after our lunch and then back to him. "No, because I want to know where you're taking me."

"What? You don't trust me? Think I'm takin' you to a remote area to kill you?"

We both had to laugh at that, but then I shook my head. "Of course not, but you're sitting over there smiling and driving and I don't like it. I don't like it one bit."

"Maybe I'm just happy to be back with my wife. You think of that?"

I smiled, blushing immediately. I'd never get tired of hearing him refer to me as his wife. Almost three years of marriage and I still wasn't use to carrying the Jackson name. Sometimes when my professors called on me I forgot that I was no longer a Calhoun. Legally, that is.

"And I'm glad you're here. Ecstatic actually, but I don't like that you whisked me off to God knows where. And the fact that you know where you're going is throwing me off even more. I don't even know where I'm going."

He sighed and shook his head. "We're going to the airport."

My head jerked back as I stared at him, baffled. "The airport?!"

"Yes and don't worry. We gon come back Sunday night."

"Come back? Where are we going? Okay, now you're just scaring me."

Michael kissed his teeth before looking at me. "Semaj, do you trust me?"

"Of course," I nodded.

"Then hush and stop asking me questions. A'ight? When we get to where we goin' then I'll fill you in... a lil' bit. I can't tell you everything just yet."

"And why not?"

"Because," he glanced at me again. "You ask to many damn questions."

I hated to admit it, but I was asking a lot of questions. Only because I was confused on why Michael was flying me out of the state without telling me. He could've at least told me to pack an overnight bag or something, but instead it was just me, my wallet, and his secrets.

I looked over and eyed him again and I guess he noticed because he laughed and then reached forward to turn the volume of the radio up. I pulled my phone out of my purse to text the girls and let them know that I wouldn't be returning so they didn't worry. I was met with a bunch of emoji's and Alicia speaking for all of them when she responded.