I guess mad, then. He hums, looking outside the window.

His eyes swimmingly into the flashing billboards and gleaming store lights. New York City seems never to sleep, even if it's near midnight, the city looks so alive. He smiles at the couple outside the cafe, talking, hands touching. Good thing that chivalry isn't completely dead here in NYC. He leans against the glass to gaze outside the city lights.

His phone beeps. Dipper replied.

From: Mason <3

I'm glad that Cassandra got to you. She actually messaged me earlier, looks like she cares. Don't be too harsh on her, okay? Give your mom a chance.

Me too, love. I miss you too.

P.S. Wynn's pissed.

Bill expected that Wynn is pissed. He didn't told her specifically that he will be going here tonight, just told her hypothetically. But he knows she's smart. She knows he's planning.

He turns to his mother, who apparently was looking at him already. She visibly flinched at the sudden eye contact, "wh-what---"

"Why are you talking to Dipper Pines?" He questioned.

"Oh, that," Cassandra relaxes. "He's a nice child..."

"That really doesn't answer my question, Cassandra."

The said woman seems a bit hurt that Bill didn't call her mom or mother. But quickly hides her pain with a scowl, "let me finish, son." She says.

Bill lets her with a huff.

"He's a nice child, and also, your boyfriend." She raised an eyebrow, "I think I have every right to meet or talk to your lover. After all, he's dating a Cipher." She explains with a tone of 'as a matter of fact'.

"I should have changed my last name." Bill mutters under his breath, looking back out to the window.

The scenery changes into less city lights but more people walking in the streets. Looks like there is a community party outside, all party goers rushes inside the stadium for some fun or probably unending drugs. He sees a man naked running around, screaming.

Cassandra raised her chin, "why didn't you? You know very well that you can do that." She stated.

That hit Bill like some prize in a game. He frowns at her reflection the window. Knows that she continue to stare at him, almost like longing for him. He didn't budge and continue to answer the cold glass.

"I have my personal reasons." It was a dull answer, meaning he really has no reason to change his last name. Rather, he really doesn't want to. Deep down he knows that he still wants to be part of that fucked up family.

Cassandra didn't answer and maybe it's for the best, despite wanting to talk more to her son.

Bill checks his phone to see Dipper texted him again.

From: Mason <3

Bill... We need to talk, tell me when you're alone, okay? Also, don't get nervous, I am not breaking up with you, my idiot.

He smiles and replies a short one 'got it' and sends it. He turns to the mournful expression of Cassandra, "where exactly are you taking me?" He asked.

That where she smirked though, "you should've asked that before you get inside this car with me." She hums.

And she has a huge damn point in that though. Bill literally pales at that.

"Calm down, Bill." Cassandra lets out a soft chuckle, very non threatening. "Since I can't book a hotel room for you, media might get a glimpse of you and it won't be long before your father knows you're here, so, I'm letting you stay in an apartment. Do you remember the time when you were a child, we went to this small apartment? Near the playground?"