:) 7- I Know, You Had That Look (:

"Hey, Lucy!"

"Lucy! Wait up!"

I pretend to not hear James voice yelling from behind. I keep walking, hoping that the excuse of me having my earbuds in will be enough to convince him that I'm deaf.

As I walk through the halls, I take a different route than usual. It makes it easier to avoid people. But it dawns on me that my first hour is the one hour our whole group is together. Great, people.

I could use a croissant by now.

"Hey!" Ethan waves me over.

I take the opportunity to walk away from the eye contact I had with James when I walked in. There's no time to face that today.

"What's up Ethan?" I say.

"So, I kinda fucked up."

"Mhmm, when don't you."

"Shut up. I'm serious," His smile falters.

I grab a chair and sit on the other side of his desk, "Ok, tell me."

"I forgot we had a date. I spent it playing video games with James."

I resist the laugh that threatens to make me look like an inconsiderate asshole. "You what?"

"I played video games for 5 hours instead of spending that time with Alex."

"No, I got that. You can fix that, easy."

His smile slightly returns, "Will you share?"

"I don't know, maybe I want to see you suffer," I smirk at him.

"Lucy, I will find an early grave if you don't help me," He begs me.

"Chill, I was kidding."

I make sure Alex isn't paying attention to us before I share my genius idea.

"Surprise her. Make it as cliché as possible. Wear a tux, but her flowers, show up unexpectedly, take her to her favorite date spot, and then do something romantic like take her to the top of Lovers' Cliff."

Ethan's eyes go wide, "It'll work?"

"Oh, it'll work. I promise you, most girls just want to be swept away. At the least when the boy fucks up like you."

I wink at him and walk to my spot due to the bell ringing for class to start. I try not to look at James who sits beside me. This is awkward.

I just want a croissant.

Lovers' Cliff is a clearing in the woods that give a view of the city down below. We used to use it as a meeting spot but once everyone started dating each other, it became a different type of meeting place. Thank you Timothy and Grace for your innovative idea. They were the first to try it out. Personally, I've never been up there with anybody. You could've guessed that by now though.

"Lucy, are you okay?"

"Yeah, wonderful," I whisper to James.

"You seem distant," He keeps talking.

"She's literally teaching the same thing she taught last week."

"It's an interesting topic," I shrug my shoulders.

I try to not look at him. I'm afraid that my face will show all the fear and guilt I have from the conversation we had. I don't want him to tell me that I suck, or for him to actually tell me that he's mad at me. I don't want him to share anything, I don't want to give him the chance to never talk to me again.