Letters | Katsuki Bakugou x Reader

Pronouns used: He/him
Length: 2.1k

They're both guys. Don't read it if you're uncomfortable with this stuff. Don't tell me in the comments why you hate it

Name: (f/n) (l/n)
Quirk: (y/q)
Age: 16

************

His hands were shaking and he couldn't get it to stop. There's no way he'd feel the same way... no way Katsuki Bakugou would feel the same way about him. They were both guys and he was pretty damn sure that Bakugou had a thing for Uraraka (Chill... this time... he don't).

The reason (f/n) was in this situation was because of a stupid note. He wrote Bakugou a love letter. He did this often, especially when his own feelings got too much for him. He usually wrote out his feelings, then put the note in a folder at home. He vowed to burn the whole folder one day, but... not now. Now, he needed it. He needed those letters for moral support.

That's what he had done today. He wrote a letter in class, put it in an envelope and put Bakugou's name on it, nothing else. Quite simple. However, he dropped it on accident and it slipped towards Kaminari. (F/n)'s eyes widened as he watched his blond-haired friend picked it up and handed it over to Bakugou.

Thankfully, Bakugou didn't open it since they were in class. However, right after class was over, (f/n) was going to approach Bakugou but froze. He couldn't just ASK for it. It had Bakugou's name on it! As he planned, he hadn't even realized Bakugou leaving and Todoroki approaching him with Tokoyami behind him

"(l/n), may we borrow yesterday's notes? We didn't get all of the contents down." Todoroki said.

"Y-yes, of course." This took another three minutes as (f/n) fished out his notes and handed it to the pair.

"We'll return it tomorrow."

"Sure thing." With that, the three packed up and were out the door. The (h/c) haired male felt his heart pounding in his chest as he searched for the explosive male in the school. He found his locker, quickly put his bag inside, and locked it, continuing his search.

What was the worst-case scenario? Well, Bakugou could come after (f/n) and blow his face off... at least he'd be dead and the rejection would no longer hurt. What else? Well... Bakugou could tell the whole class... and he'd die of embarrassment. The same outcome, he'd die and the rejection wouldn't hurt. What else? Bakugou could laugh at him... call him names and be as rude as he is to everyone else. Ok... no more of that.

What about the best-case scenario? Well, Bakugou could like him back. Next? Bakugou may not like him, but he'd keep his secret. Of course, (f/n) hadn't told any of his friends about himself. Only his family, who was supportive.

As the male turned the corner, he froze. His eyes widened and his heart sank. He found Bakugou, leaning against the wall, reading his letter. He wanted to run to Bakugou and snatch the letter out of his hands. He wanted to deny it. He wanted to... disappear. At this very moment, he wished he never wrote a single letter. He couldn't move though, it was as if he'd become part of the floor. His legs were stuck and he watched in horror as Bakugou looked up and saw him. Something was up with his face... he wasn't scowling. He looked shocked.

Finally, his legs moved. (F/n) turned and ran as the tears slipped down his cheeks. He (ran faster/activated his quirk [if your quirk lets you move fast or teleport but for short distances]). He could hear his name being called, but he couldn't stop. His chest hurt, his face burned, and all he felt was humiliation. Why couldn't he be normal?! Why did he have to be like this?!

As he turned a corner, he came to a stop. He covered his mouth and fell to his knees. Crying and running did NOT make a good combination. He couldn't breathe, his lungs burned and so did his legs.