Heart and Home (3)

~Giorno's Playlist: The World is Yours by Nas~

My world falls silent. There is no color in this place. No life can thrive here. There is no warmth, no joy. Not even sadness and anger can manifest here. This was my heart now.

I had nothing to say yet. I was still struggling to grasp words and slam together sentences. I couldn't express my anger and sadness because there was nothing there to express.

I lost a part of me. I watched her die before my eyes.

And this man lying in front of me would feel pain like no other. That was for sure.

I had to look away from the screen before I broke further. But once my eyes landed on his pathetic form, my heart was set. I thought of every possible way I could prolong his death. Every possible way that I could make him feel excruciating pain like no other.

"Don't look at me like that you're getting me excited, Giorno Giovanna" He mocked from below me. I reacted to his voice immediately by shoving my boot between his teeth and stomping down, effectively breaking his jaw.

"I hope those last words tasted sweet." His terror is heard in his scream. I was starting to get a headache. I step around his writhing body and use Gold Experience to crush the concrete wall into rubble. He wasn't ready to see what I had in store for him.

"Do you know what a Bullet Ant is?"

I look at him from the corner of my eye to see him shake his head no. I smirk and give life to the rubble with a touch of my finger. Carefully, I lift the shifting stone and lay it on his trembling arm. "This can't possibly free you of your sins, but it'll do. For your actions against my family, you will feel the most painful sting on the planet. But since the poison of the bullet ant is only toxic in high doses, you will be stung two thousand times." 

As I finish my words, the ant stings him and he howls in pain, eyes tearing up and begging for mercy. Death was desirable, I could see it in his eyes. But he would be alive for all two thousand of those stings, I made sure of that. The colony of ants rose from the rubble and began covering his body, stinging him and slowly killing him with the painful poison. With no more to say, I stood and left the room with his screams of pain echoing behind me. 

Now that that was over, it was time I see my daughter.

I ran quickly down the halls, following the same trail she traveled. I tried not to think of that, think of her. All I could feel was longing in my heart. Then I paused my steps.

Could I even handle facing Lucrezia after this? Could I raise her alone? What about when she grows older...she's sure to become just like her mother.

How am I supposed to explain to Lucrezia that her mother died trying to save her from her father's mistakes?

Stop that, you can't think like that now Giorno.

I gave my head one quick shake before continuing down the steps and rounding the corner to the long corridor where her body once lied. I slowed to stare at the pool of blood that reflected my slightly empty eyes in a crimson sheen. They must have taken her body by now...

"Daddy!"

Lucrezia? I turned to see her struggling in Bruno's arms. He tried to still her but once he realized it was futile, he placed her gently on the ground and allowed her to sprint towards me. I smile at the sight of her, my heart beating rapidly. As I bend down to envelope her in my arms, I silently thank God for letting me hold her again.

"Daddy I m-m-miss you tho m-much!" She stutters, starting to cry into my shoulder.

"It's alright Princess, I'm here now." I say, voice wavering only a little as I run my hands through her mess of blonde hair. But my comfort was short lived.

"Where's mommy? I wanna thee mommy!" My eyes snap open and travel to Bucciarati's who shakes his head sadly and holds his hand to his mouth, turning away in shame. I see everyone else with tear-stained faces trying not to look this way and my heart cracks a little more.

I pull away and manage a small smile. I wave away Bucciarati and the rest of the members with solemn faces to get some privacy. I had an idea, maybe...just maybe...

I wait for there footsteps to be out of earshot before I let out a sigh and start talking to Lucrezia again. "I have a favor to ask of you Lucrezia, do you think you can answer some of my questions first, princess?" She nods at my request, wiping away her teary eyes and steadying her breathing. "Can you see my friend here?" I ask nodding to Gold Experience as he manifests, holding a gentle hand out to her. Lucrezia nods and places her hand in his.

"Yeah, I have a friend too. And Mr.Thir (Sir) had one too. Oh, and Uncle Bruno hath one and Uncle Mithta hath Thix!"

"Can you show me your friend. Can you bring them here?"

She nods quickly and claps her hands together. Slowly, a woman begins seeping from her body like smoke and starts manifesting around her. She was a pale blue with beautiful features reminiscent of Destiny's Child. Atop her head laid a big pearl that reflected my eyes. Lucrezia is lifted from the ground and I stood amazed as her Stand picks her up gently and holds her close in her arms.

Her spirit is gentle, that's amazing.

"Your friend seems very nice Lucrezia. Do you know what she can do?"

"Yeah, s-she told me she grants wishes but I only have three!" She says as she holds up three fingers. "But Mr.Sir asked for one wish...he said I could see you if I did."

So he did use that wish to kill her. Bastard, manipulating a child? MY child at that.

 Maybe...just maybe she could grant my wish.

I gently pull Lucrezia away from her stand and hold her close to my body. This has to work. I'm sure of it!

 "Lucrezia, do you know how much your mother loved you?"

"Yes daddy."

"That's good baby. Do you know how much I love you?"

"Yes daddy. You tell me all the time. Now when are you gonna tell me where mommy is?"

"Soon princess, you'll see her soon. I promise, just let me hold you a little longer."

"Okay daddy."

I give her a tight squeeze before pulling away and setting her on the ground.

"Lucrezia, do you think daddy can have a wish?"

"Of course daddy, The world is yours."

_________

Ah...sorry if it feels abrupt but this is the last chapter of Fighting Gold!

Of course, similar to Chase, I plan on whipping up an epilogue as well as sharing some ideas and scenes that got cut.

I finally have a plan for what I'm working on next but that also comes with a bit of changes to my usual uploading schedule. Ahh...well rather my account as a whole hehe all of that will be explained after the deleted scenes!

P.S. if Gappy Higashkata isn't the most precious being in the entire world. He's such a pretty boy i love all the solo panels Araki gives him where he just stares with his beautiful half n half eyes 😭