Parks

~ Bucciarati's Playlist: Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill ~

The park was a sweet five-minute walk from the house. There were trees surrounding us with large patches of field laid out before a small empty park. Instinctively we all looked down at our watches and phones to check the time.

"It's like four. Why are their no children." came Mista

"Damn. There's no one to play with Lucrezia." chimed Abbachio

"No no boys. My girl has five perfectly fit uncles who will play with her. Doesn't she, my love." I cooed at Lucrezia.

"Yeah!" she cheered in response. 

Our little group had made it's way to a tree that stood not too far from the park and set up camp. A nice red quilt had been laid down and everyone scrambled to grab a spot. Sandwiches, bowls of fruit, chips and tiny cakes graced our appetites and all was washed down with a nice cool Arnold Palmer. As we ate, we chatted and caught up. The boys had been on many interesting missions and it was very entertaining to hear about their face to face encounters with death herself.

Only a handful of them had found lovers. Narancia told me about how much he adored his shy girlfriend with piercing blue eyes that had reminded him of his mothers. Fugo shared stories of his explosive red headed girlfriend who he tutored on the weekends and Mista told us of the goofy and clumsy blonde he started dating five months ago.

The food was mostly done and Lucrezia was just about begging to finally go play at the park. Narancia, Fugo, and Mista were the ones who stood with her and made their way to the small park. They were definitely too big to be running around chasing her around a park that small but they made do and their shouts of excitement and laughter wafted through the air.

"I'm going to scope the perimeter," Abbacchio announced as he stood quickly with grace. He left silently after that, leaving Bruno and I on our lonesome. The pair of us sighed as we watched the men who were all wrapped around Lucrezia's little fingers.

"So am I allowed to ask about the situation? Or is your boss ordering your silence." Bruno turns his head to meet my eyes that pleaded with him, but soon he turned away and continued to watch the group.

"I'm not to say anything for your safety, (y/n)."  He said sweetly. Like a mother who knew best. "I don't think it's right that Giorno is leaving you in the dark like this. It will do more harm than good to your relationship." I bit my lip and sighed. Bruno's loyalty to Giorno was something else entirely.

"Did you say anything?"

"Of course. I will always speak up for you (y/n), you know that. But the Boss's word is final."

And with that, silence washed over us for seconds. The topic was uncomfortable and we both wanted it to change.

"What Mista said was true, (y/n). Giorno still loves you. He hasn't touched another woman since you and Lucrezia left us."

"Is it bad If I say I love him too...I haven't gone out or seen anyone either. " Why are we so loyal to each other?

"I think you should listen to what your heart tells you. You do everything you can to protect your little girl, but there is both good and bad in letting Giorno in her life again...You'll figure things out, with time." He finishes with his wise words that leave me thinking about us. All three of us. 

"You know, she's starting to act like him. Shy but very loving towards the people around her. She's gonna be a strong girl just like her mother."

"Something's bothering me about what you just said, Bruno."