The past that haunts us (2)

~ (y/n)'s Playlist: Say it Ain't So by Weezer ~

My voice was starting to go hoarse from all the yelling we had been doing for the past two days. Mista was still recovering from being stabbed four times while Giorno and I attempted to plan and work things out. But nothing could go our way. We were at each other's neck and far too gone to ever calm down and embrace each other.

"Giorno we can't stay in Naples! I need to leave we need to be far away from here! We don't want anything to do with you or Passione."

"That isn't fair (y/n)! I'm her father! You can't take her away from me she needs to know who I am!"

"She'll know who you are I'm not cruel. It's up to you if you want to help me, but I'm taking Lucrezia out of Naples. If the situation calls for it then we'll leave Italy." Giorno sighed, trying to collect himself. He was close to losing it, I could tell. His eyes were wide, sweat dripped from his brow, and his hair was disheveled from running stressed fingers through the locks. A fist slammed down on the desk and I jumped nearly 2 feet.

"Of course I'm helping you (y/n)! What kind of shit was that?"

"I didn't want you to feel obligated is all... Anyways... I want to move to Cosenza." I said quietly, avoiding his gaze as soon as the words left my lips.

"That's three hours away (y/n)!"

"That's generous! I wanted to move farther inland!"

"Fine Fine! I'll buy you a house and give you everything you need in Cosenza and you will allow me to remain in her life. Deal?"

"No Giorno! What if somebody catches on and tries to kidnap and kill us!" My voice was raising steadily. Why couldn't he just let me protect her! "What are you gonna do when someone kidnaps us and sells us? I'm sure the 'King of Naples' wife and daughter will fetch a pretty hefty price." 

He was quiet. He was shaking with anger. His knuckles were white, and his eyes weren't the same blue I fell in love with. Then suddenly, eerily calmly, he spoke:

"Don't you ever say something like that to me again. I am your husband and the father of your child and if you think I would EVER let something like that happen to you then-" He paused and took a deep breath.

"You are wrong to think that of me." He said in a much more calm tone. The breath I didn't know I was holding desperately pulled itself from my body and I suddenly remembered I needed to breathe. I had nothing to say. I wanted to take it back but it was too late for that. We were done for, the rift between us was too great for me to bear.

I didn't say anything and I didn't stay to hear him say anything. I turned on my heels and ran out of the room before he could see any tears. I was falling apart at the seams,  and I could barely hold myself together when I slammed the door to the room shut and leaned against it. Slowly, I slid down the door and into despair.

My sobs were louder than I intended. The streams were an indomitable force that showed no sign of stopping anytime soon. I was shaking and shivering from the cold that invaded my body now that my light was long put out. I craved the feeling of numbness.

It took me a second to notice his presence, but next to me someone lowered their body to the ground. They didn't speak. They only placed a hand on my hair and guided my head into their broad chest. Another hand came to rest on my back and rub small circles into my skin, comforting me with the small pattern.

"I know it hurts (y/n). But know that we will always be here for you. We're your family whether you like it or not." I sniffed and wiped the tears that were blurring my vision.

"Bucciarati... I don't know what to do anymore.."

"Well, I'm here to help you okay? Whatever you need you can count on me." He held up his pinky towards me and smiled. "I promise."

I took his pinky in mine and let a small smile drift onto my red face. It felt nice...sitting here with Bruno.

"Thank you..so much Bruno. I don't know what I would do without you." Bruno let me wrap my arms around his torso and pull him into a suffocating hug. He was soft and his hand in my hair reminded me of a father (hell the guy practically raised me).

He stood from my arms and turned around to offer me his hand. 

"Come now, we have to start getting ready for your move."

_____

I awoke in a cold sweat immediately greeted by a pounding headache. Again? I thought to myself as I clutched my aching head. Still in the past, I see...

I was quick to stand in the dark room. It took me a minute to realize I was in my own room but approaching the door I came to the conclusion that I must have fallen asleep on the couch and Bucciarati most likely brought me back up to my room.

I close my door quietly as if I was trying to hide from someone. The halls were empty and the house had no sign of light. I padded my way down the stairs and past the living room to where the Kitchen was. A glass of water...That'll do.

I pulled a delicate glass from its spot in the top cupboard and ran the water cold for a couple of seconds. I only filled the glass halfway so I could take three huge gulps and make way back to my bed and attempt to have an actual dream.

I dragged my feet up the stairs and found myself standing in front of Lucrezia's room. I opened the door quietly to check on her, and a smile came to my face seeing her sleeping peacefully with her small dog stuffed animal tucked into her arms.

As soon as I closed her door, Giorno's opened. Our eyes meet and he speaks:

"Oh. Your up."

His eyes were tired ones. It was late yet he was still opting to wear his clothes from yesterday over more comfortable ones.

" Have you slept?" I question him, hoping that his unhealthy habits are just a figment of my imagination. 

"I haven't." He says avoiding my gaze. I can do nothing but worry about his health. "I'm still finalizing some things with your move and your protection. I was going to take a walk to clear my head, care to join me?"

I shake my head 'no' wanting him to walk back into his room and sleep for at least a few hours.

I place my hand on my doorknob and let it linger. I was fighting a battle: Should I say something? Is it my place to even say anything about it? It was different when I was his wife but now... I look down before I choose to speak.

"You should take a break...turn in for the night."

"I still have to sign-"

"Please," I say, cutting him off and meeting his sapphire eyes. "For me."

He takes a moment, but he finally nods in agreement. "For you." He says back to me softly, reminding me of the power I once had over him.

"Goodnight Tesoro."

"Goodnight Giorno," I reply before entering my room and closing the door behind me.

__________

I'm getting to a good place in life to write. Now let's just pray for no curve balls. 

I do plan on taking a break for three days: June 1st, 2nd, and 3rd which are the day before I leave, the day I leave, and an extra day for me to settle in in that order. This is just a little heads up.

I hope ya'll enjoyed Giorno's hand in Mista's pants as much as I did during this weeks episode lol