(Edited) Chapter 2 Part I

Start from the beginning

Why the sudden excitement due to this William you ask? Well, during a certain game of truth and dare that we played ages ago, I mentioned that I found William, now in twelfth grade, really hot. My friends refuse to forget this little detail and think I have a huge crush on him when really, I just find him attractive. And why wouldn't I? With his beautiful mop of honey-blonde curls and bright hazel eyes he's the definition of hotness.

He's known for his womanizing ways.  I don't really see a lot of him except during lunch or sometimes in the hallways. And he's always with this girl—whenever I see him. She's his latest 'catch', or so everyone says.

Of course, I've heard all of this from people. There are a couple of nasty rumors about him too; things I don't really want to believe. Plus, it's not like I personally know him, and I probably never will. He's way out of my league.

"Oh, here he comes again!" Sandra exclaims as she nudges me. William stands up from his seat and starts walking in the direction of our table. I don't get alarmed. As usual, he's not stopping by—he doesn't even know us for god's sake! He's just heading towards the lunch line. Kayla nods in appreciation as he passes us. And then she and Sandra dissolve in a fit of giggles again. Sharon rolls her eyes at their childishness. I choose to glare instead. "God, shut up! If he hears you—"

"Oh cmon, he won't. Besides didn't you say so yourself that he knows you have a crush on him?" Sandra says dismissively.

"For the last time, I don't have a crush on him. Plus, I'm not sure what he knows. Maybe he has a slight idea of how attractive I find him. But then, that would be no surprise, he knows every girl does."

"But you said he's always looking at you, what about that?"

"Not always! But yeah, I did catch him looking at me a few times. Maybe he finds me weird and knows about my obsession with his hair."

"Or he finds you really cute," Kayla says, shrugging.

This time I join Sharon in her eye-rolling. It takes Sandra and Kayla so little to get all worked up, it's kinda ridiculous. "Oh my god, he just looked at you!" Sandra and Kayla gush at the same time.

I quickly slap both of my hands over their mouths. "Shut up you morons! I bet he heard you." I feel so nervous and scared. What if he actually heard them? How embarrassing would it be if he walked over to our table or something and asked us why we're always ogling him?!

They remove my hands almost immediately and look at me. "Who cares? The bottom line is that he looked at you. And guys just don't randomly stare at the same girl every day!" Sandra protests. "Maybe he's interested in you."

"Hello, he as a girlfriend, remember?"

"He's only with her to satisfy his physical needs, or so I've heard," Kayla speaks up.

"Oh, I've heard this one!" I exclaim. "Some people were saying he's only with her because he needs someone to touch and not because he has feelings for her."

"See? He could be interested in you. You should totally talk to him," Sandra encourages.

I shake my head in refusal. "No way in hell! Call me a wimp but I don't want to be categorized as one of those desperate girls who flock around him. I'm way better than that."

"Guys..." Sharon prompts in a serious tone. "His girlfriend's name is Angelina and let me tell you, she's also his best friend. I bet he's in love with her or something."

"She's in love with him. But I don't think William feels the same way." Kayla says thoughtfully.

I stare at him; his hands are intertwined with hers. I wonder what he's like. Is he really as amazing as certain people believe? Or is he exactly like those nasty rumors suggest?

Either way, it shouldn't matter to me. He doesn't even know I exist.

Feeling a little bored with this conversation, I grab my tray of food and get up. "Well, I'll go now. Catch you guys later!"

"Where are you going?" Sharon asks, sounding confused.

Oh right, I can't leave without an explanation. "I'm uh...going to sit with Aiden," I mumble, almost hoping they wouldn't be able to listen.

Their eyebrows cock up immediately. "Aiden, huh? Is there something we should know about you two?" Kayla pipes in.

"What? No! We're just—just friends. Besides, he already has a girlfriend."

"Just checking..." Kayla raises her hands up in surrender.

(...continued in the next part)