(Edited) Chapter 30 & 31

PLEASE READ

Chapter 30

Scarlett

"Hello?" My phone had been ringing for the past three minutes. But I didn't want to pick up. I'd felt so tired after my conversation with Aiden last night, that after a light dinner, I'd gone straight to bed. I hadn't slept very well though; lots of tossing and turning was involved, as my mind buzzed with thoughts, until I finally fell into a tired sleep at 4 AM. Its 12 noon now and I've been lying in bed, giving my phone the evil eye as I try to convince myself that it's okay if I don't answer the call.

But as you can see, I eventually gave in to its desperate ring and answer it.

"Hello Scarlett? You alright?"

It's William. He sounds genuinely worried.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Oh, thank god. You weren't taking my calls. I got worried." I glance at the screen and see five missed calls. Yikes!

"Oh I was...asleep."

If it was Aiden on the other side, he wouldn't be worried because I didn't answer his call. He knows how much I hate talking on the phones. He knows me.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I woke you up. Go back to sleep Scarlett."

"No, it's okay. I'm up now. What did you want to talk about?"

"Oh in that case, well, I just wanted to meet you. Thought we could hang out, you know? It's a nice day and School's out. What's say?"

My natural urge is to say a flat out no. It's such a nice day? Yes, a nice day to sit at home. But then I realize what staying in means. It means another uneventful day that I'll spend thinking about Aiden and feeling sorry for myself. So I force myself to say yes to William, and then get out of bed. My stomach gurgles. So after taking a quick shower, I run downstairs to stuff my face with food.

What I hadn't been expecting was, to see Aiden sprawled across the couch next to Darren. They're watching TV.

"You're still here?!" I exclaim, feeling thoroughly annoyed. Geez! I can't even have my breakfast without having to see his face. This is not how I'd planned to start my day. Today was going to be an Aiden-free day, without his presence tainting my mood.

Guess that was too much to ask.

"Yeah, I'm chilling with my friend Darren, what is it to you?" Aiden retorts. I ignore him and head to the kitchen. Five minutes later, I plop down on the couch, on Darren's other side.

"So, can I um, borrow your car? I need to go somewhere."

"Go where?" Darren responds, sounding extremely curious.