(Edited) Chapter 7

7

Scarlett

"Which class do we have now?" I inquire.

"Physical Education," my friends say in unison. I groan. Damn, I hate this class with a passion. I don't have a single sporty bone in my body. As soon as the bell rings we all head to the girl's changing room, carrying our sports gear. I get a nasty surprise when I open my duffle bag.

"Oh no. Oh no!" I exclaim, sounding aghast.

"What?" My friends' heads snap up to look at me.

"I forgot to bring my track pants, and instead I brought these shorts." I say extracting a pair of super tight, super short black shorts from my duffle bag.

"So?"

They all clearly don't get it.

"So, these shorts are actually quite short. Like really short. I haven't had a chance to buy a new pair which is why I always wear track pants. But today, I'll have to wear this."

"So?" They all say again, with a bored expression. "It's not a big deal. Most of the girls wear shorts anyway. Besides it can't be as short as some of the senior girls wear it," Kayla says, widening her eyes.

Well, she has a point. But that doesn't mean I'm comfortable wearing these. I ask everyone if they have an extra pair but none of them do. "Guess I'm stuck with these then," I mutter to myself.

After we're all dressed we head out to the field. Our P.E period doesn't take place inside the gymnasium. Well, sometimes it does when the weather's bad. But most of the time we head out on the field. The sun is shining brightly and it's kind of hot so we all have our hair tied in ponytails. The sky is quite blue and a light breeze is blowing.

As I make my way through the field I hear someone come behind me. "Whoa!" A male voice exclaims, giving a low whistle. I turn around, ready to glare at whoever it is.

It is Damien.

Of course, it is Damien.

Damien's a stupid Jock who plays alongside Aiden in the football team. They're pretty good friends. But I have seriously no idea how Aiden can be friends with someone like him. Damien is so annoying; he's a total pervert and he's always hitting on any girl he can lay his eyes on even after they've made themselves completely clear that they are not interested. He's a total slime ball.

I shoot him a dirty look and turn away in a huff. He clearly doesn't get the hint because he starts walking next to me. "You look hot today Scarlett," he says coyly.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

He chuckles. He's walking awfully close to me; his body is brushing mine every two seconds. I just want to push him away. "Back off, you moron!" I hiss.

He just laughs. "Don't get so worked up, just chill. I'm not going to do anything babe."

Babe.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Just back off, okay?"

He's about to say something when he's interrupted by a high pitched sound coming off our coach's whistle. God, you look at her once and you'll be sure she's a man. With no hint of curves and only muscles, she sure looks like one. Her hair is a messy bob, encircling her giant oval face with her horse-like teeth. She has a stupid husky drawl with it too. Yeah, a man in disguise for sure.

"Assemble in two's here!" She orders after whistling once again. We all hurriedly assemble in two lines before she blows her whistle again.

She takes roll call, and bores us out of our wits by telling us we should be a little more disciplined, and not talk while we're lining up. She goes on and on ranting about how we should care more for the sports equipment. Finally, finally she tells us we can leave after doing some warm-up exercises. I feel extremely weird whenever I notice Damien staring at me.