35

Positivity Corner:

Make them work for you are not free.

Apparently papa and Rico both went to desert tasting and had selected almost five variety of desert for the function and a load of options for snacks

The main course to be served for dinner however was going to be provided by some extravagant hotel which was infarct fine for me cause pets face it, we have never cooked for too many people at once and I doubt we will be and also we're way to new in this business to be given huge a huge order though I'll admit that the profit would be sky touching.

However mine and Salvatore's ice-cream outing was cancelled since he couldn't make it for a family emergency, at least that's what Rico said.

It was now late. Papa said Rico would be here to pick me up as it was dark and all and stuff.

He's paranoid these days, after he flew back from the states.

He had as far gone to pursue me to take a driver with me, which I plan out refused so he made Rico drop me off at the diner and pick me up.

It was really annoying since the date of the function was now so near.

I still had to buy a nice dress and I had only two days left to prepare myself. It was just about yesterday at breakfast when I asked papa if I really had to attend the function since not everyone among the families knew about me. But papa said it was more then important for me to join them in the gala as his daughter.

Rico asked if he could bring two dates but papa was stern and said no that he couldn't and also it was an act of indecency for a to be don to behave in such a way.

"But...I am not the Don, yet." Rico had said hopefully.

"And you need to stop these childishness and behave." Papa had snapped.

And as usual Rico was late, I was sitting in an empty table while I was waiting. The diner was closed for the day, I had turned on the closed sign as I sat.

Finally what it felt like hours I saw Rico's car park around the gate. Quickly turning off the lights, I locked the doors and slipped into his passenger seat after checking the door was properly locked for the second time.

But as I took my seat, a shriek left my chest. Rico was wearing a mask resembling a from reaper face.

He laughed as I have him the reaction he really wanted. Annoyance boiled inside me as I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

He takes off the mask revealing himself.

"Beccato." Rico laughed. (Gotcha)

"Non essere un idiota." I snapped. (Don't be a part.)

"Oh come on. It was fun." He whined.

"No. It wasn't." I huffed crossing my arms over my chest. "Now drive. I'm tired."

"Sei noioso." He mumbled before starting the car and driving off to the dark road.

The soft motion of the car and him of the engine lulls me to sleep after a long day of work. My muscles go numb and head go loose as I surrender to sleep.

"Rosa, wake up." Rico's annoyed voice wakes me up making me glare at him through my half closed eyes. "We're home.* He declares.

Rolling my eyes I get down from the car and wobble inside. Not bothering to change I fall on my bed face down with a moan of happiness.

I wake up around my usual time, with the feeling of sore muscle and numb head. I take a cold shower that helps to relieve some of my numbness. Getting dressed in a blue loose shirt-dress, I pair it up with ballet flats and walk downstairs to find papa and Rico at the breakfast table while the house keeper serves breakfast bowls for both of them.

"Buongiorno. " I wish both of them. "Good morning."

"Buongiorno principessa." Papa smile aback as I take a seat. Rico grunts out something from under his breath as he stuffs his face with food, his eyes red around the corner and hair sticking up in all weird directions.

After the quick breakfast, I leave for the diner this time with Papa's driver since Rico was not in the 'condition' to be my driver.

The diner usually opens around eight and now given I was an hour and thirty minutes late one of the workers, opened the diner. It's usually who arrives first. Couple of days it would me me, couple of days it would be Sicilia.

The instant smell of strong coffee and freshly baked bread and biscuits engulf my senses as I walk through the door of my small diner. The smile and environment brings a smile to my face instantly.

But it was profoundly short lives as a voice called my name. It was too familiar to be forgotten.

I turned to the direction of the voice and found Ariana, now a little grown up Aless and Audrey, Antonio, Sarah and Diego sitting at one of the tables to the very back of the diner.

How they spotted me from there was a real question. And my suspicion that the family would be no matter what attending the function was clear as water.

I smiled at them though the penny dropped in .y heart. The family meant Vincent. And Vincent meant his wrath and rules and controlling and honestly, I was not ready.

Making my way to the big bunch of people there I saw Aless waiting for me excitedly. He gave me a hug and Audrey was quite shook, I mean she was small when I left. Like ten or so months.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hey." Antonio smiled.

"You here for... breakfast?" Diego asks awkwardly.

Sarah and Ariana knew that I owned a small diner, from texts and stuff.

"Uh..no. I own the diner." I smiled.

"Oh." He grinned. "Does that mean food's free?"

Sarah smacked him on the arm while muttering something.

It feels weird conversing with them.

I smiled nodding.

Thankfully our awkward encounter had ended as Sicilia called me across the floor and yelled about a kitchen emergency.

I ran fast to it, one because it was really packed even it was only breakfast and I don't like late deliveries and two I wanted to get away from them because lets face it. It was awkward.

The emergency was not so of an emergency. It was only down trouble with the coffee maker and we had to call a mechanic.

Okay. Maybe it was a bit serious.

I walked out of the kitchen, only to tell the cashier guy that the bill for the table where Ariana and others were sitting will not be paid.

But I couldn't. Especially when my eyes found two exceptionally bright olive eyes staring back at me.

Only thing that got out of my lips was a gasp.

[A|N]

Goodnight.

Question of the chapter:

After I am done with this book, do you want a sequel or a stand alone, (teen-fic OR Mafia romance?)

-November.