50

Positivity Corner:

Can't have positivity without negativity.

Eight months later:

I sit in the plush chair of my new office going through the plate decorations for the next event that were were deliver pastries for.

I had finally opened the pastry shop six month ago and so far it has been going out pretty well, thanks to the diner's reputation.

It's a bit smaller then the diner but it's working out pretty fine and just walking distance from diner too. I barely managed to squeeze a little space for an office room in the sweet place given that after the renovation of the diner and the ever increasing customers we decided to shift my office and make more space for the sitting area.

The struggle were pretty less considered the first time and the condition and flow of customers were pretty well the pressure only came when there was an order for a party or an event. Like now.

In one day we had to deliver two fifty fours of cannoli to this office event and I was short of pastry chefs.

The place was still new and I only had a total of ten people working in the kitchen including the two dish washers.

And given that the sweets had to to freshly made it was a bit hustle and the increasing customers didn't give anything to be relieved about.

I sighed putting the stack of pictures on my desk and putting my head between my hands. I've been stressing out these days.

It must be something with being old. As Rico reminded me successfully almost everyday.

A knock on my door made me raise my head and look up.

Emma, one of the workers from the kitchen who was in her late fifties was standing outside with a Concerned expression. "You alright dear?" She asked.

"Just a little stressed." I mumbled.

"You need a coffee, maybe tea? Do you want me to stir it out for you?" She asked in a motherly time walking inside the office.

"No, I'm fine. It's just the order, tomorrow, you know? It's big work." I shrug. "But we'll make it through."

"We do, don't we?" She smiled placing a hand on my shoulder and giving me an encouraging squeeze.

Emma was one of the first worker of the sweet shop and she was the o e working her bones out when we got an order for a thousand price of mini panettone with a cherry jam inside.

It was lot of work on a Christmas season last time.

Nevertheless Emma brings me a cup of coffee with a fat layer of whipped cream on top and a couple of biscuits, that she made fresh to display on the jar.

I thanked her and decided to call papa. It was almost lunch time and I just wanted to remind him. A couple of months ago papa was diagnosed with diabetes and I was hot on his heels so he can follow the diet.