09

Positivity Corner:

Take a deep breath and remember who the fuck you are.

By lunch time, I still haven't seen Vincent.

When I woke up earlier like around six thirty in the morning I felt his side of the bed empty. And since then I haven't had a whiff of his perfume.

As I'd he had disappeared like a ghost.

In the kitchen, I am being served lunch in a plate that I eat alone.

One of the maid is making another plate of lunch and is covering it.

Who is for? I ask mentally and as it's none of my business asking who the food is for, I keep silent and pour the food in my mouth.

The chicken is delicious and so is the salad and wild rice. I had a love for wild rice since I was twelve but it was one of the expensive dishes, for me to have being the maid's daughter.

And now the taste of rice seems almost alien to my buds.

"Melanie!" Comes the voice of a panicked elder women. She's wearing a white apron and a scary around her head. "Is that the Don's lunch? Why is not in his study yet?" She scolds the young girl who was preparing the Don's lunch.

Melanie stands with her head down. "Well...don't just stand there, silly girl. Take it to him." She says like shooing her.

"I'll take it." I pipe out. Suddenly seeing the Don seems very welcoming to me since I haven't seen him the whole day. It's like bubbles that had building inside my stomach all day is now free and is roaming freely around my whole body.

"Well, go on then, sweet girl." The elder women ushers me.

I pick up the tray that holds the plate of food and walk up to his study.

I am all giddy on the inside and bubbly. Today I was wearing a cotton dress from the closet that he got me and I have this weird instinct to let him give me his opinion. It's crazy but then again my head has been always a little crazy.

With a push of my left foot, and a slight smile on my face, color on my cheeks, I open the door to the Don's study.

My face falls, and the color from my cheek vanishes when I see the scene unfold before my eyes. There sits the girl, who was on the safe room that day. Cara.

She was sprawled on his lap. Half naked. Her shirt was off, revealing her red lacy bra. The button on her jeans was undone.

The Don had discarded his shirt and she was running her deep red painted nails along his toned chest.

Yikes!

"I've always wanted this, Don." She said in a sluttery voice.

The Don didn't answer. He was emerged in his computer screen.