Chapter 57 : What the hell?!

3 Days Later...

Justin asked me to meet up with him at the park right after my mom, Mia and I went back from sending my father to the airport to board his flight to Germany.

We met at the park, he picked me up and drove to his house to meet his mother for the first time. We reached the huge mansion at 10 in the morning. He unclasped his seatbelt and rested one hand on the steering wheel while gazing over at me from the driver's seat.

"We're here." he said, waking me up from my train of thoughts.

"Oh, okay." I faked a smile, gazing down at my hands. My hands were sweating and I was picking my nails during the whole journey to his house.

"Hey? Look at me." he demanded softly and I did.

"I want you to remember that whatever happens..." he trailed off, not leaving my eyes.

"I'm always here to protect you. I'll be right beside you when we confront her soon. I'm not gonna let her hurt you as long as I'm with you. Do you understand me?" he said, meaning every single word that came out of his mouth.

"Okay." I nodded, chewing on my bottom lip.

"Hey! Don't do that or I'm gonna kiss those lips right now." he joked but I wasn't in the mood for any sort of jokes in the moment.

"Everything's gonna be fine. I promise." he looked me directly in the eye while opening the door.

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

I kept my silence a few seconds before answering his thought, "I trust you."

We both got out of the car, he jogged over to my side and led me to his house. My legs felt like jelly and for a moment, I was hoping that I could run away from him or escape somewhere that no one could ever find me.

We walked along the driveway silently towards the 12 foot entry door made out of pure and exclusive mahogany wood with clear insulated glass. The closer we got to the door, the weaker my feet got.

He dug out the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. He pushed the door open and I walked past him into their massive house. He led me into the kitchen, dropped the keys on the counter and took off his jacket.

"Mom! Are you home?" he called for his mother from the kitchen.

"Yes? What is it, honey?" she called back from upstairs. She was probably in her room because I could barely hear her voice from the kitchen.

"I brought someone here with me. Can you please come down here? I really want you to meet her." he pleaded.

"I'll come down in a minute." she said.

"Why don't you take a seat, Camila?" he said, pulling out the kitchen stool near the counter for me to sit.

"Are you nervous?" he asked, bending down towards me and clasped both of his hands together on the counter in front of me.

"Definitely." I bit my lip, avoiding eye contact.

"I love you." he breathed out, trying his best to soothe me.

"I love you too." I whispered.

Justin and I waited patiently for his mother in the kitchen for almost 10 minutes. I pressed my thighs together and placed my hands on them.

A few situations suddenly crossed my mind as soon as I heard his mother footsteps coming down the staircase from the living room. I was being insulted by her, I got slapped right in the face and she threw me out of her house.

I didn't stop praying the whole time when we were waiting for her to enter the kitchen to meet us.

"Honey? Are you in here? Who's the girl that you wanted me to meet?" she asked as soon as she entered the kitchen. I instantly stood up when I saw her face.

The moment she laid her eyes on me, her facial expression began to change and she stopped walking immediately. I got a feeling that this is not gonna end well for both of us.

The elegant woman was a brunette. Her medium length wavy hair tumbled over her shoulders. She had a tall and comely figure which was stem-thin. She had the same-shaped eyes and colour as Justin. Her enticing eyes were as bright as Justin's. Her rosy lips pursed.

She appeared in the kitchen in a black petite tie waist formal wiggle midi dress. Her crescent shaped eyebrows inclined slightly as she saw me staring at her. I yelped at being caught.

"What the hell is this?" she asked in an extremely harsh tone, looking directly towards Justin who was standing in front of me.

"Mom. I want you to meet Camila." he said calmly, turning around and extending his arm towards me as a sign for me to come closer to him. I walked slowly into his arm but didn't made any contact.

"And who is she?" her eyebrows started plunging into an angry frown.

"She's my girlfriend, mom." Justin said proudly, lifting his chin up. I gotta admit that I was impressed with him being brave enough to introduce me to his mother as his girlfriend.

With that, she frowned and her jaw dropped. She rested a hand on her hip while shaking her head in disbelief.

"Is this a joke? You can't be serious right?" her bright blue eyes grew wider.

"No. I'm serious, mom. She's my girlfriend and I want you to accept her as a part of our family whether you like it or not." he spoke in a very serious tone. His eyebrows too were plunged into an angry frown.

"You! What have you done to my son?" she shouted towards me and I gulped.

"She didn't do anything to me, mom. In fact, she was the one who saved me. She pulled me out of the deepest and darkest hole that I've ever been in my life." he said, throwing his hands in front of him.

"Don't you see? It's been a while since I last went out partying and got drunk almost every night when I got home."

"Of course you haven't notice any of that. You know why?" he pressed his lips together.

"Because you're just too busy enjoying yourself partying and getting wasted with your friends at a night club!" he half yelled. I couldn't help myself but thinking that I should just keep my mouth shut and never intervened.

"Is this what this is about? You brought this bitch here to tell me that she has changed you into a better person and remind me what a bad mother I've been to you all these time?" she raised her tone as well.

This was second time someone called me a bitch. Only this time, it was from my own boyfriend's mother. I could feel tears began stinging my eyes but I tried my best to hold them.