Chapter 29 : Being paranoid

"I know I've never been a good person before. Since my dad left me when I was 16, things began to change. I got mad and became disturbed which led me to a consistent emotional battle with my parents. I started going out partying with my friends and got wasted. I slept around with every girls who ever threw themselves at me. I've been rude to people and disrespected them." he confessed while looking the other way.

"But when I met you...Everything begins to change. It's like my life has taken a drastic turn. You've encouraged me to change into a better person. Every time when I think about you, I couldn't do any of those things that once felt so right to me. I begin to quit partying and sleeping around."

"And...I'm not gonna lie to you. I couldn't sleep with any random girls that I met at the party anymore. I mean I brought them home to sleep with but they all ended up leaving my house because I made them leave. That's because I've seen your face everywhere I go. I couldn't stop thinking about you." he leaned forward and placed both of his elbow on his knees.

"You've changed me, Camila." he said, glancing over to look at me. An honest confession.

I looked down to my hands and they began to sweat. My heart was hammering inside my chest. Crap! What would I say to him? Did he mean every word that just comes out of his mouth? Is it possible to believe him?

"What's bothering you?" he asked.

"I..." he cut me off when I was about to answer his question.

"I know what it is. You're probably thinking that...Oh my God! Why is he saying all of this to me? This is so unlike Justin Walker! Am I right?" he leaned his back against the bench and crossed him arms.

"Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Just so you know that I've never done any of this shit before. This thing obviously sucks. I've never had someone to actually call her my girlfriend because to me girls are just..." his eyes were gliding wildly, trying to find the right words.

"Lust satisfiers?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yea." he nodded slowly.

"Camila?" he called.

"What?" I turned to look at him.

"I want you to believe me when I tell you this."

"And that is..."

"I wanted to change. For myself. For my parents. For you." he said, meaning every word and I faked a cough to make it less awkward.

"Why should I trust you?"

"You don't have to. It's up to you. I asked you to believe me but if you can't do it then it's fine." he simplified.

"I get it anyway. I fucked up too much and it's not your fault if you can't believe me." he ran his long fingers through his hair.

"Fine." I agreed. Okay. Subject change!

"Can I look what's in that bag now?" I asked impatiently.

"Sure." he smirked and took out something from the bag. It was a velvet box. Jewellery box? What is he doing with that?

"A jewellery box? Really? What's in that thing anyway?" I asked, obviously curious.

He hold out the box to me and opened it. MasyaAllah! My heart dropped to my stomach when he showed me what was in that box. There it was. A necklace with the letter 'J' made out of diamond for the locket. What does that means anyway?

"Boy...That's one fine necklace you got there. Who are you gonna give it to?" I asked. Gee. He could afford that necklace? No wonder he drives a BMW. It was totally exquisite.

"Who am I gonna give it to?" his handsome face smirked down at me and I felt my face heat up to my dismay. He looked at me like I'm some kind of idiot or something. What?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked and laughed while shaking his head in disbelief.

"Wow!" he rubbed his face with his hand.

"What's so funny?"

"Camila, this thing belongs to you." he said. Holy cow. Hell no! He's not gonna give that thing to me. Even my own parents never buy me that kind of fancy jewellery. That's just stupid.

"You're kidding me, right?" I asked. This must be one of his stupid jokes again.

"I don't have time for that now, Camila." he rolled his eyes.

"Okay. I'm just gonna go." I said, standing up to walk away from him but he grabbed my hand before I could move.

"Hand off, Justin." I warned him and he let go.

"I'm sorry, okay? Can you please just sit down and hear me out?" he pleaded.

I stood there for a few seconds battling whether or not to sit back down and hear what he has to say. I made up my mind and sat down anyway.

"What?" I crossed my arms.

"Just..." he tried to say something but I cut him off before he had the chance to finish it.

"Justin. If this is one of your pranks again, you should stop, okay? I've had it with this shit and I obviously don't trust you in this. You can't expect me to actually believe you and..."

"Shut up, Camila!" he half yelled and I stopped talking. Once again, I was intimidated by his intense gaze with that piercing blue eyes of his. My heart began to pound and I dropped my gaze.

"Jesus Christ! Can you just hear me out?" his eyebrows plunged into an angry frown. Okay. I better shut up before things get worst. Shut your mouth, Camila! Shut it!