Chapter 34 : Dad

Camila's POV

The last period of the day ended and I walked out of the school building with Adam and Derin. When I was about to give Mia a call, Justin suddenly interrupted me from behind.

"Hey, Camila." he said and I turned around to face him.

"Oh, hye." I smiled.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked.

"You guys go ahead. I'll see you tomorrow." I said to both Adam and Derin. They nodded and left.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Is someone picking you up?"

"I was about to call Mia to pick me up actually. Why?" I waved my phone towards him.

"I was just wondering if I can give you a ride home?" I ran his fingers through his hair like he always did.

I took a few seconds to consider his offer. He was waiting impatiently for my answer and I actually gave in.

"Sure. Why not?" I nodded.

"Great. Let's go." he said, leading me to his car at the parking lot.

He climbed into his car and started the engine. I climbed into the passenger's seat and fastened the seatbelt. A few seconds later, he started to drive.

"Just make sure that you accept my follow request on instagram, okay?" he glanced over at me.

"Fine. I will." I sighed.

"Good." I could see that he was smirking from the inside. Justin's still a jerk!

"What did you do during the night anyway?" I asked all of a sudden. I didn't know where on earth the question came from. What's wrong with me? Mind your own business will ya?

"What does that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know. I mean do you go to a party at night?" I asked. Shut up, Camila! You're gonna make things worse.

"I told you, Camila! I've already quit partying. I'm trying my best to change for you! Don't you get that?" he spoke in a harsh kinda way and his eyebrows were plunged into an angry frown.

I just sat there in my seat quietly. I didn't even dare to look at his face anymore. He is the guy who easily looses his temper.

"Oh my God! I'm sorry, Camila. I shouldn't talk to you like that? Sorry, okay?" he glanced over at me and I faked a smile while nodding.

"It's just...I want you to know that I'm not going out partying with my friends anymore. All I ever think about is you." he lowered his voice, meaning every word he said to me.

"I'm sorry." I bit my lip nervously again and looked the other way.

"No, Camila. I'm supposed to say sorry and not you."

"We're here." he said when we reached my house.

"Thank you for the ride." I said while unfastened the seatbelt.

"I'll see you tomorrow." he smiled and I got out of the car.

"Bye." I waved him goodbye and went inside. I picked through the window and saw him pulling out of the driveway.

I ran upstairs to my room. I dropped my bag on the bed and went to take a shower. After I finished, I got out of the bathroom and put on some clothes.

I grabbed my phone and decided to call my dad. I missed him so badly. I dialled his number and he picked up on the second ring.

"Assalamualaikum, dad?"

"Waalaikummursalam, Camila. I'm surprised that you called." he sounded happy to hear from me.

"I'm surprise to ring you actually. I missed you so much. I wanted to call you many times but I was afraid that you'll be cope up with your busy schedules." I blurted.

"I'll never be too busy for you, Camila. You can call me anytime, okay?"

"Okay, dad. When are you coming home?" I asked.

"Soon, honey. I think I'm gonna be home when you graduate high school." he said and I was so happy to hear that.

"Really? Are you serious?"

"Yea. Don't worry. I'll be there, okay?"

"Okay, dad. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you soon, honey."

"Alright. Assalamualaikum."

"Waalaikummursalam." I hung up the phone.

I was very excited to hear that he's gonna be at my graduation soon. I haven't seen him like forever. I hope that he's gonna bring me a present for my graduation. In sha Allah.