Chapter 28 : The truth

Hey! 👋🏻
I hope you guys will keep on reading because things are about to get interesting 🌈

Camila's POV

I woke up a little bit early today just because Justin said he wanted to meet me at the park this morning. What does he want to tell me exactly? I guess I'll have to meet him to find out what it is.

I took a shower and got dressed. I slipped on my blue jeans and a white sweatshirt. I wrapped a blue hijab around my head while taking a glance at the clock. It was 8.45 in the morning. Perfect timing!

I excused myself from my mom and Mia to go to the park to see a friend. My mom told me to be safe and Mia on the other hand was faking a cough. It was like she already knew that I was going to see Justin. Way to go, Mia!

I got out of the house and started making my way to the park. It was only a 10-minute walk from my house to the park. Justin needed to drive about 20 minutes to the park because his house was 30 minutes from mine.

I arrived at the park and took a seat at the bench near a big and shady tree. I glanced at my watch and it showed 8.57 in the morning.

"He better be here in 3 minutes or I'm leaving." I mumbled to myself.

A few seconds later, I saw his black BMW pulling over to the side of the road. He got out of the car and brought a bag along with him. I couldn't exactly guess what was in it by looking at it.

He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a navy blue shirt. His hair was pushed back neatly like always. He approached me with a big smile and plopped down on the bench next to me.

"Am I late?" he asked.

"Nope. Perfect timing." I faked a smile.

"Great. How are you doing?"

"I'm good. Everything's fine." I said, trying to pick inside the bag he was holding in his hand.

"Aaaa aaaa no picking." he smirked and dropped the bag on his right side so that I couldn't see it anymore.

"You're annoying, you know that?" I threw my hands in the air as a sign of frustration.

"I've been told." he simply answered and I rolled my eyes.

"So...What are you intended to tell me actually?" I asked, remembering what he had texted me last night.

"Oh...Well...I don't know how to tell you this but...Ummm..." he mumbled. The playful Justin Walker just turned into a serious one when I asked that question.

"What? Tell me." I demanded, looking into his bright blue eyes.

"Did you ever wonder why I keep messing around with you since the first day we bumped into each other?" his tone was serious.

"I did. Why is that?" I asked, still trying to keep the conversation less awkward.

"I told you that my parents were divorced and I live with my mother..." he paused.

"And?" I tried to keep him going.

"My father is in England living with his new wife who is..." he sighed before answering.

"A Muslim. Just like you." his eyebrows plunged into a frown. Oh my God! This is new! I never imagine that his life would end up like this.

"The truth is...I didn't put all the blame on him because he has the right to move on with someone better than my mom."

"My mom was still young when she married my father. I was born when she was only 20. She preferred to go out partying with her friends rather than taking care of me when I was little. My dad left my mom when I was 16 and filed for divorce as he couldn't stand anymore with my mother coming home drunk almost every night." his voice was getting shaky.

"My father converted to Islam when he married his new wife and they are living happily together in England. I've became estranged from him since then."

"After that...I couldn't even stand being around Muslims. I assumed that I became angry when I knew that he left my mother to be with a Muslim. You reminded me of her. That's why I couldn't stop teasing you since the first day I laid my eyes on you." he blurted. I didn't even know what to say to him.

I mean he has a disturbing past. Does that mean I couldn't put the blame on him for the teasing and the messed up fights? I was completely blocked and confused.

"Well say something." his voice was low. Bright blue eyes sparkled as he looked into mine, waiting patiently for my response.

"I don't know what to say, Justin." I dropped my gaze.

"I mean you've become this because of your parents' past and I know I can't blame you for that." I said softly. His blue eyes were rounded with sadness and frustration.

I felt a slight of sympathy in my heart after he blurted his untold secrets. I spent 3 weeks wondering why he pinned me against the locker in the first place and there it was. The truth did come out.

He became extremely rude and arrogant also the hatred he has in his heart towards Muslims were based on his parents' past.