Chapter 25 : The feelings

My alarm went off exactly at 8 in the morning. I groaned and turned it off. It was the school weekend and I have decided to stay at home all day long and do my homework.

I jumped out of the bed and went into the bathroom. Once I was dressed in my girly shirt and dark sweatpants, I tied my hair into a ponytail then went downstairs to have breakfast.

"Good morning, honey." my mom greeted me with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen on her face.

"Good morning, mom." I said, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" she asked while serving me a stack of pancakes.

"Tomorrow? What's with tomorrow?" I was obviously confused. Is dad coming home tomorrow? Nope. Did we plan on going shopping tomorrow? Nope. What is it actually?

"Oh, honey. Did you forget? Tomorrow is your 18th birthday." she shook her head probably because of her forgetful daughter.

"Really? I guess I did forget about my own birthday." I giggled.

Birthday? It's a common thing for me if I forgot my own birthday. Birthdays aren't really my thing. I'm not even excited for my birthday during my teen years. I was excited for it during my childhood but celebrating your birthday when you're growing up doesn't feel right anymore.

"You always forget when it comes to your birthday like almost every year."

"I don't know. I guess I'm not that excited for my birthday."

"Anyway, you're turning 18 tomorrow. What do you want for your birthday?" my mom questioned. Gee. I didn't even know what I really wanted for my 18th birthday.

"Just you, Mia and dad. That's all." I stood up and gave her a big hug.

"You're sweet. Do you miss your dad?"

"Very much, mom." I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"You should call him when you have a free time." she suggested.

"I will." I nodded, sitting back down and finished my breakfast.

After I finished my breakfast, I went upstairs to my room to start doing my homework. I grabbed my laptop and began my research on the weird animals that can be found in the forest of Amazon. It was my science task that Mr. Halit gave us for the weekend.

Justin's POV

I heard my alarm went off and reached over to the bedside table to press the snooze button then went back to bed for 5 minutes. 5 minutes later, the alarm went off again and I smashed the dismiss button.

I opened my eyes, my eyelashes faintly batting against my lids when I blinked. I laid on my cozy bed, debating whether or not I should get up. I let out an exasperated sigh, groaning as I rolled off of my bed to grab my towel and entered the bathroom.

After I got out of the bathroom, I let myself fall onto the bed with the towel still wrapped around my waist. I sighed and Camila's face suddenly came across my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about her since last night. What is she doing to me?

Camila Ahmad. A beautiful and sweet Muslim girl that I met just about 3 weeks ago. There is just something about her that makes me wanted to know more about her. Am I beginning to fall for her? That's bullshit! I mean I've never been friends with the Muslims not even come close except for Camila. She's the only Muslim that I befriends with. Sure that I feel very comfortable talking to her. I couldn't even see myself being with a Muslim. Not even a million years I guess.

If I'm actually falling in love with her? What's wrong with that? It's not a crime, right? Falling for a Muslim? They are normal people like everyone else too. What's so different about them anyway? The only difference between me and her was our religion. I'm a christian and her religion is called Islam.

"Christ! I can't get my head straight." I whispered to myself, placing both of my hands on my face.

I'm gonna call Steve to see what he's up to. Steve is the only person that truly cares about what happened to me. If he didn't let me drive when I was drunk the other day, I wouldn't be here right now.

"Hey, Steve. What's up?"

"I'm good, man."

"What are you doing today?"

"I'm at the mall, buying some stuff I needed for my school project."

"Which mall? I wanted to see you."

"Sure. I'm at the Clark's Mall."

"Be right there." I hung up.

I slipped on a pair of dark jeans and a white shirt. I grabbed my jacket and the car keys. I headed downstairs towards the front door and I saw my mom was flipping through a magazine on the couch.

"Where are you going, Justin?" she asked, her blue eyes met mine.

"I'm going out with Steve." I blurted.

"Be safe." she said, focusing back to the magazine in her hands.

I got out of the house and climbed into my car. I pulled out of the driveway and hit the road afterwards. I arrived at the mall 30 minutes later and entered the mall to look for Steve.