| XIV | - The Devil and His Guardian Angel

"You mean he's got tattoos all over?" Kristina asked, completely shocked herself. "Goddamn. I would've never expected that. I mean, I never even noticed."

"I guess his dad makes him cover them up when he goes to school, that's why no one ever knew. Not even me. Well, I knew he had them I just never knew they were all over," Susie admitted, the two of them walking together to their lockers after their last class.

"Hey, anyway," Kristina said. "Did you hear about the school's little Halloween festival they're having?" Susie shut her locker, searching her brain for any mention of it and shook her head, looking at Kristina. "Well, it's gonna be Halloween night, of course, and students gotta come dressed up in order to get in for free. They got games, vendors, rides, you name it. You wanna go?"

Susie blinked a few times and then shrugged, smiling brightly. "Sounds like a lot of fun. How come no one's said anything?" she asked.

"Oh, they've said it. Look, Susie, they're flyers everywhere," Kristina said, ripping one off her locker and showing her.

Susie laughed sheepishly. "Whoops. I hardly pay attention to things stuck on my locker."

"They've been blaring it over the announcements too."

"I don't listen to those hardly ever," Susie admitted, laughing to herself. "I'm guessing everyone is going, huh?"

Kristina nodded her head, the two of them heading out of the school. "It's gonna be a lot of fun, plus, I already know exactly what I want to be."

"Oh, right. How much do you get in without a costume?" Susie suddenly asked, rubbing her neck nervously.

"What? You're not gonna dress up?"

Susie shrugged. "I hardly know what to go as."

"Well, you might want to reconsider that, it's twenty-five without costume. When you dress up you get discounts on everything in the festival; food, rides, games, you name it. It'd save you a lot of money," Kristina explained, the two of them climbing into her Mazda.

"Well, what are you dressing up as?" Susie asked, trying to find ideas on her own of what she could possibly dress up as.

"I'm going as a killer pirate," she said, wiggling her brows at Susie. "A sexy pirate." Susie giggled at this. "Okay, how about I spew some ideas?" Susie nodded, Kristina humming as she thought. "Well, it's gotta be a sexy costume, no doubt. You gotta rock everyone out of their socks on Halloween night."

They made it to Susie's house and went up to her room, Kristina flopping on her bed.

"Why sexy?" Susie asked, a bit unsure.

"Let me rephrase this," Kristina said, propping herself up on her elbows. "You gotta knock Charlie out of his socks Halloween night."

"What if he doesn't go?"

"Oh he'll go," Kristina assured her. "Now let's see, sexy fairy?" Susie shook her head. "Sexy nurse?"

Another no.

"Sexy...nun?"

Susie giggled and still shook her head. 

Kristina stood and paced her room, thinking deeply. "We gotta find a costume that screams Susie, something that's sexy, as well."

Susie blinked a few times, shrugging.

"Sexy bunny?"

Susie grimaced and Kristina agreed, the two giggling.