| III | - Little Confession

"No, fucking way!" Kristina growled, laying sprawled out on Susie's king-sized bed. "I mean, come on. He seriously has a girlfriend? Why now of all times!" Susie chuckled sheepishly, sitting on her swivel chair, twirling around every once in a while. Kristina rolled over, looking Susie dead in the eye. "God, I'm really sorry hun. I know how much you were waiting for this."

Susie shook her head, that same smile plastered on her face. "No, no. I'm really happy for him," she admitted. "It just seems like now all my others goals might not succeed."

"Don't let one thing bring you down Susie! You've got so much more to be looking forward to this year, you have so many more plans. This is just a chapter in your life that will pass," Kristina assured her, smiling at her as well.

Susie smiled softly. She knew her chances with Liam were very much gone now but she still really liked him and she wasn't sure if she'd ever get over it. She'd known Liam all her life and he was always so supportive and always there for her. Now, it seemed as if he was so far away, even if he was still going to be down the street until Saturday. "I still like him," she admitted, her smile falling.

"Oh, don't cry," Kristina cooed, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It'll be okay. If you can get through your first crush, you can get through anything."

Susie looked up at her friend, smiling at her smile. "You think so?"

Kristina loved Susie to death. Susie was the first person to treat her like a person not like some demonic Satanist, Susie treated her as if she was the most normal person in the world. Yes, Kristina dressed in all black and had black hair but she wasn't a scary person. She was beginning to become scary when she started hanging around a bad crowd but, once Susie entered her life, that all changed. Kristina knew she wasn't as close to her as Liam and Charles was, but she still loved her to death and Susie did too.

"Thanks Kristina," she smiled, her smile blinding Kristina with pure happiness. "Oh, gosh. I have to go to work!" she gasped, standing to her feet and grabbing her uniform and charging to the bathroom.

Susie placed on the tight-fitting black jeans, tucking in her light brown uniform shirt into the pants. She tied her hair up, kicking on her plain black work shoes.

"You need a ride, hot-stuff?" Kristina asked, grabbing her bag and kicking on her vans.

Susie smiled. "If you don't mind."

"Not at all, you know my house is all the way over there anyway," she sighed.

Kristina lived on the other side of Lakeview High, the opposite side of where Susie lived. Susie worked at the coffee shop that was across from the High school. Kristina and Susie exited the house, Susie locking up before she climbed into Kristina's tiny black Mazda.

"Will you be alright?" Kristina asked, pulling in a spot in front of the coffee shop.

"I've gotten much better at making coffee now, so, I should be okay," Susie replied, smiling brightly and missing the entire purpose of Kristina's question.

Kristina smiled, not wanting to fix herself. "Have a good time!"

Saying goodbye, Susie exited the car and entered the coffee shop, moving to the back of the store to place on her light pink apron that had the words "Molly's Caffine" on it with a little cup of coffee. The shop sold coffee, teas, lemonades, pastries; Susie had been working there for four months, starting off with the pastries and then progressing to creating the drinks. Molly was the owner, she was a very slim old-woman who had been a very grouchy and irritable old-woman until Susie began working there.

"You were almost late," Molly commented, working on one of the lattes a customer had ordered. "Quite surprising for someone like you."

"I'm sorry about that, Molly," she apologized. "I just recently started school again, it's barely the third day and everything seems so crazy," she said, although, instead of showing any signs of stress, she just smiled her usual bubbly smile.