scenario: jimin & seulgi

- caramel macchiato and mocha frappé!

- thanks.

7pm, jimin and seulgi meet where they first had their little date. in this cafe they sit, helping each other find ways to make life and love better.

nothing has changed since then. by daytime, this cafe blooms the hue of tangerine, and the trumpy jazz pours out of the open doors along with the aroma of fresh baked quiche. but now when light has been replaced by the unrelenting darkness of night, the room is filled with a piece of romantic tango from which rises an eager to dance. 

two figures settle opposite each other, face to face, no words spoken. the thick air blends well with the scent of freshly brewed coffee. perhaps it is quite late for coffee, yet a dose of caffeine is what they need to keep themselves away from the tipsiness of this alcoholic reality. 

memories flash back on the day they officially met, not through social media, or phones. right here at this table, he saw her in person for the first time. not the famous blogger kang seulgi, but an ordinary yet special woman that would soon become his muse. 

she was in red, he wore blue, colourful and lively as two drops of youth. now her dress dips fully in raven, and his suits are painted in pure white. youth remains in essence, but being no longer bright. 

same old place, similar drinks, just different emotions.

- how memorable, seulgi-ssi.

- yeah.

- it was around noon then, it is pitch dark now.

- i know.

- either time, you are always beautiful. 

even how many words "beautiful" have been sung by his sugary voice, hearing them over again still makes her heart flutter like the initial one. it is indeed her favourite lullaby before going to sleep; her favourite background music playing in every dreams; and her favourite alarm she loves waking up listening to.

in the gloom of the cafe, their knees touch under the narrow table. seulgi uncomfortably adjusts her posture as she sits a little straighter, trying to avoid making any contact with the man opposite. he's been known this situation would happen, from the hurt welling in her eyes behind that constrained smile. 

this woman is quiet tonight, not like her at all. jimin is so used to the pretty mono-eyelid curves whenever seulgi grins, and those chubby pockets that manifest on her cheeks whenever her lips perk up. he misses them, albeit she is right in front of him. 

- seulgi-ssi...no...seul.

- yes, chim?

- even how upset and mad you are at this jerk right here, just...please...talk to me. 

- no dear what are you saying? of course you're not a jerk. i guess i'm being too dramatic...i'm sorry...