short convo: jungkook & yerim

jungkook and yerim met, 'coincidentally' as how their friends have arranged.

she almost drops her chai latte when she sees him at the same café, so does he with his iced americano. jungkook gestures her to share the same table for a while, and she surprisingly just follows it. maybe it has become an instinct, clinging onto each other while being around together.

- how's it going, princess?

- awful, you?

- awful.

the atmosphere goes back to awkwardness, as silence remains unfaded and eyes refuse to meet. yerim takes a peep at the opposite person, he keeps checking his watch, probably is waiting for someone else. probably, park sooyoung.

- she's not here, just go home.

- she who?

- sooyoung. she asked me out today, but i just got ditched.

- poor you my little princess. but no, i'm waiting for jimin hyung.

- oh, so i better leave then

- but i just got ditched...too.

- no way.

- yea, i think they pranked us.

right, why didn't she realize that. sooyoung will never hang out at a café, that woman would rather go to a bbq, stuff her stomach with tons of meat and get drunk on gallons of soju.

- this is so childish, we should go—

- stay with me. let's be children again.

- huh??

- no worries, no bothers, no lies, no feuds. just us, sincerity, and earnestness.

- ...

- please, only today. no, only 10 minutes, let's just speak the truths.

- ...fine.

- thank you, princess.

- okay first truth, stop calling me princess when i'm mad at you because it makes my heart uneasy

- oh you're mad at me?

- second truth, i'm mad at you.

he laughs, her adorableness is unresisted. 

- your turn, confess your sin.

- i'll be straightforward: there's absolutely nothing between me and sooyoung noona.

- lie.

- shut up brat be patient and listen to my whole fucking story

- excuse me did you just call me brat??

- so what, you told me to stop calling you 'princess' am i right?

- ...ugh. kay continue.

- you sure know her occupation don't you?

- yes, advanced procrastinator.

- no fuck you. i mean, it's not wrong, but technically, it is. she's a ceo running her own fashion brand, right?

- so what.

- well, the reason i wanted to meet her was...

he hands her a box, black and shiny, like those that come from an uptown luxury retail stores with an expensive bag inside. her eyes roam freely over every stitch that was carefully made, then raise a look caught between merry and cautiousness to the man in front of her.

- what is it?

- it's a gift, open it.

- how do i know whether you put a bomb inside or not?

- if there were one, it would be my love bomb

- ew gross. 

she lifts up the cap, just to see the presence of an elegant raven dress lying within. her expression freezes for a moment, it is a mixture-like feelings blended with dozes of daze, disbelief, and felicity.

- oh look, a nice classy black cloth!

- i hate you so much you should know that.

- but...what does it have to do with this?

- it's a 'yerim-exclusive'. i designed it myself, and sooyoung noona helped with the finish-up. one of a kind, made for you only.

- why? is there any special occasion?

- nah, just wanted to do something for you. i can't?

- that's not what i mean...it's just...sorry for misunderstanding...and thanks for the gift 

the girl lowers her head, taking her gaze away from him.

- jesus christ did you just apologize and thank me at the same time?? so you do know other words beside cusses??

- s-shut up!! i'm a very well-mannered young lady anyway you stupid asshole.

- you wish.

- but i can't accept this...like...out of the blue

- so i should only give you presents on a holiday event?

- probably, otherwise you will spoil me

he raises his palm to her face, caressing those rosy cheeks lightly, tilting her head on the side a little.

- 'happy today', princess.

- i told you not to call me princes—

- then, yerim?

- shit that's even more destructive. kay 'princess' is legal

- are we good now?

- yea, i...guess? 

- cool, let's go get some brunch i'm hungry.

he holds her hand and starts heading outside. he misses her warmth, and she misses his. from the front, for the first time he realizes how vulnerable she is, while she also notices the soft spot concealed under the roughness of his. the distance from the cafe to its parking lot barely requires walking, but the short grab they make along the way has already assured the safety of each other's world. 

- kookoo,

- yes, princess?

- so...you still have your eyes on me?

- i will always do, princess.