proud.

Happy doesn't even begin to explain my feelings towards Dan and Phil right now.

I, in a million years, would've never expected this to happen. I always thought that if Dan and Phil were to be LGBTQIA+, they would NEVER tell us, simply for privacy reasons. The fact that they finally found the bravery, confidence, and comfortability to express something so personal to them in such a tasteful way is absolutely beautiful to me.

That being said, Dan brought up some very interesting points about the epidemic of people who act like they've "known" since the very beginning. "We been knew" culture is very prevalent when it comes to people, especially influencers, and it's really toxic behaviour. Let's face it, we, nor did anybody else, did not know that Dan or Phil (or anyone else, for that matter) was queer until they were open and told us. And I've noticed that, since I started to stan Dan and Phil, I've exuded that behaviour and that isn't okay in any way. I would love to personally say to Dan and Phil themselves how sorry I am for how I acted, but, unfortunately, I have literally zero ties to Dan and Phil, nor can I undo the past. It absolutely kills me to know that I was a part of the problem, a part of the reason why it took Dan and Phil so long to address this.

With that being said, in regards to this fanfiction, I won't be taking down this story, and I won't be cancelling the sequel as Dan or Phil showed no distaste to fanfics or shippers either. But I will say that NOTHING of what I write, written, or will write is FACT or ACTUAL EVENTS that occurred between these people. These are pieces of fiction that I create with the intentions to entertain. I would NEVER force anything I've written onto anybody I ship. I'm not that kind of person and I never will be. That is sick, and I will never accept or exude that kind of behaviour.

But, to conclude this, I am unbelievably proud of Dan and Phil. Telling your story in front of the entire world isn't easy, so I'm glad they built up the courage to do this. They are inspiring so many others to come out, and I'm sure they will continue to do so.

If you ever feel as though you can't come out to anyone for fear of judgement or condemnation, just know that things do get better. As both of them said, the world is steadily becoming a better place. You will be able to be yourself one day, I believe in you.

Anyways, to leave this on a fantastic quote, "we're here, we're queer, and we're filled with existential fear!" 🏳️‍🌈