Everything

Phil POV

I finally get to leave this dreaded place.

Don't get me wrong, the nurses and staff were amazing, but a hospital can only be so interesting for so long.

Dan has been with me every day for the past three days. I'm glad he was, otherwise I'd be more bored than I already was.

I was sat in my bed, wondering about the twins. I looked at the calendar hanging above the TV.

October 3rd

Three whole days after Isabella and Elena were born. I smiled to myself at the thought.

I jumped as Jess walked in the room.

"Sorry to spook you, Phil. Just came in to check on you." She said quietly.

"I'm feeling okay, though my chest is aching."

"Oh, you probably need to pump. You haven't done that since you came." She smirked at my confused face.

"Pump? What does that mean?" I asked in genuine curiosity.

"Breast pumping. It's basically a suction cup that goes on a woman's, in your case man's, breast and it sucks the milk out of them when your girls aren't hungry." She explained, giggling at the look of horror I was pulling.

"Oh. Will it hurt?"

"Well, it might. It's your first time doing it. You may not even get any milk at all. But it's always good to try." She said, putting down her clip board, "sit tight. I'm going to get a nurse to help you with the pump. I'll also call Dan if you want me to."

"Please do." I mumbled. Dan had left to tend to the house plants since they hadn't been watered for quite some time now. I looked down at my shirt and saw that it was slightly wet. "Fuck, I'm leaking."

At this point, I was really hoping that the nurse would hurry up. I didn't want to ruin this shirt. I frantically tried to dry my shirt using anything in sight. Just as I thought about shoving a towel up my shirt, Jess and a separate nurse walked in.

"Oh thank god you're here. As you can see, I'm leaking tremendously." I said, gesturing to the darker red patches on my shirt. They just laughed at my misfortune.

"I can see that." Jess said, "This is my niece, Erica. She gonna help you with the pump. Have fun!" She waves before walking out.

"Well, hi." Erica said. She seemed slightly nervous as she walked towards me. "Let me just say, I've been following your story since I heard about you. Not in a weird way, of course, but it's so interesting. You're one of the only males to conceive a child, not just one child but two, and you almost made it to full term. That's impressive, if you ask me." She said, putting the breast pump together. I laughed at how rambly she was.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. The only reason I didn't make it to full term was because of some dickhead on the streets." I grumbled. A small laugh came from her as she put the pump together. "I'm not mad about it though, because now my little girls are here."

"They are quite pretty. I know you've never met me before, but I'm very proud of how you have done for these nine months of agonising pain. I'd know, I have a kid of my own." She giggled; I raised an eyebrow at her. "His name is Kaden, he's four."

"Kaden, I like that name." I said. All of a sudden I hear the door open.

"Sorry I'm late, I came as soon as I heard." Dan said. I rolled my eyes and snickered. "So, what's happening?"

"Well, I'm Erica, Jess' niece, and we were just about to hook the pump up. You can pull a chair up if you want." Erica said. "Phil, could you pull up your shirt."